Equity Research Compensation 2016

You guys can make fun of me all you want, but my friend was able to make it into the big leagues (sell-side, BB) and he had only a PharmD from an ok Pharmacy school and about 2 years of consulting–1 at a third=tier firm, another at a top-tier firm. It’s definitely possible. I’m not saying I’ll make these numbers, or that I’ll even be as lucky as him. But this stuff does happen very often and you shouldn’t dismiss it as fantasy.

happens very often? bullsht

Fooled by Randomness…

OP’s original numbers are actually a little low, based on my personal experience. Getting to a 7 figure annual comp is more a matter of survival than skill. Stick around long enough, avoid getting laid off, and it’s bound to happen for you. I’m guessing the older people on this forum - bchad, s2000magician, etc. - are easily in 7 figure territory, maybe 8 in a good year.

THANK YOU. Take it from a guy who’s been there and back guys. I take back everything I said. The original numbers are true and low.

It’s true man…people just don’t want others to succeed.

Heyiheariheartmath, are you at the top now man? How long did it take to get there???

^ iheart makes high six figures just off his muni portfolio. Dude has $10mm+ banked. He’s at the top. Anyway, lots of the other posters have also been there. And actually suggest numbers in line with CFA salary surveys rather than ihearts usual hyperbolic view of reality.

OP, did you even look at those CFA surveys links? Check them out. “Analysts” should be able to take in new information and update their own estimates and in this case career trajectory. So you want to be in the top 0.5% of the finance WORLD. In what area or in whatever field were you ever even in the top 1% in the country?

Its clear kferdy is going to make a fantastic analyst. He reads 20 peoples opinions and dismisses them, and reads 1 that agrees with his original hypothesis and immediately determines that one is correct and everyone is out to “hold him down”

What bias is the OP least likely exhibiting of the following? (2 minutes)

A. Status quo

B. Loss-aversion

C. Overconfidence

D. moronism

least likely igor. RTFQ

lol +1

^ confirmation bias and data mining?

You’re all like my wife–you don’t support my dreams! If I had a chance to divorce you guys, I would!

^never happened

It will. Just like my million dollar paycheck at age 35. Then she’ll come craling back.

I really can’t tell who’s trolling who anymore.

but all the same to me