Equity Research Dead end?

infinitybenzo - I understand what you’re saying, can you clarify what you mean about talking to senior managers / board / firms’ strategic plans? While these are good to understand, why do you think there is a greater emphasis on this than in prior years? Firms have always valued management access and sometimes I wonder if investors over-index to what they are saying to you in management meetings or whatever.

Also my thoughts. But I agree with the idea that some base level of programing skill has risen in prominence.

After starting to learn python, I’m amazed at how much easier it is than excel for a lot of things. It’s definitely a cool tool

I was trying to use python to scrape condo pricing data from StreetEasy, but turns out they have security controls to block that exact activity. It should still be possible to take over the browser itself and somehow copy the data (slowly) though…

Did you check github? May find an alternative by using this legacy one,

streeteasy_scrape

Python code for scraping real-estate data from a popular rental listings web page.

Important

As of 2/20/2017, Streeteasy.com has blocked web scraping (https://www.distilnetworks.com/). I’m keeping this repository here to archive the existing database and code from which it was generated. Consider https://rentlogic.com/ as a potential alternative source for rental listing data.

fundamental shops “compete” against automated and AI tradings firms these days. Some insti guys bring this up and our answer is my reply…unlike these computer trading firms that trade like wild, we look at the qualitative portion of the company. We also don’t trade several hundred or thousand times a day because of this very reason. We look at the whole of the company not just their financials and data and price changes, factors or etc etc.

Besides the stock pitch, what points do you have to hit in an ER interview? I had an interview last month but didn’t get the job. I wasn’t asked to do a stock pitch. It was more of an informal/unstructured chat with the analyst.

I suggest you read the articles in my signature

VPN + rotate your user agents. There’s always a way to pretend you’re a real user.