Equity Research Interview

Congrats on the success thus far! I’m in a similar boat but a little earlier in my career, just graduated and working in wealth management studying for my Level 1. These tips are going to help as I look for a job in equity research down the line… thanks all! Keep us updated on your progress MT327, later!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nice!!! did you use anything the gang posted > here? It is ok if you did or did not. glad it > worked out. daj, you were right on point with your advice. They asked for sector preferences, asked what stocks I like, why equity research and why sell side etc. Glad I had prepared for these questions, especially the stock pitches. There was a lot of discussion about the current financial crisis, my outlook on the economy, and what I think about the two presidential candidate’s economic policies. Final interview is going to involve meeting everyone and doing some testing. Don’t know what type of testing to expect, maybe some financial statement or excel testing or maybe just personality or IQ type testing. I’ll let you know how it goes.

MT327, Can I e-mail you? What’s your addy?

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MT327, Can I e-mail you? What’s your addy? post yours and I’ll send you my address. I would rather not post the email address that I currently have access to.

speedybroadarrow@yahoo.com

glad it worked out and i could add some help!!! ------------------------------------------------------- > daj, you were right on point with your advice. They asked for sector preferences, asked what stocks I like, why equity research and why sell side etc. Glad I had prepared for these questions, especially the stock pitches.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>