Equity Research Update

Cmon bro you don’t know rentechs numbers?

Eh, don’t know what this argument is about, other than benzo inflating himself as usual.

Buy side, sell side analysts are in the same boat. Every hedge fund manager tries hard to get his hands on all the research he can. The point is to read 20 articles and pick one or two ideas you like. There are so many crowded trades - do you think buy side firms came up with these ideas and analyses themselves, or did they get it from GS and JPM?

Now, if buy side is suffering from poor performance and fees compression, they can’t afford as much research and corporate access. So this sucks for sell side, but buy side are the first line who suffers from lower fees.

So, one can point fingers at people in different institutions and feel better because you convince yourself they’re doing worse than you. Maybe this makes you feel good or something, but don’t ignore that everyone here either sinks or floats together.

I am in NYC…well moved to scarsdale couple years ago…

danggg wish I ran a fund with $300 AUM and made $4 million every year. $4MM a year anywhere is good. doesnt matter whether in NYC or SF…$300MM is almost the sweetspot. Have a few insti investors that don’t give too much sh*ts and low employee headcount. I’ve always worked at sub billion funds with around 8 people. owner goes home with between $4-$12MM every year.

Do you even work in the finance industry? lol

Don’t know about y’all but people can shrug at me all they want if I’m making $3-4 mm/yr!

lol exactly my point. $3MM a year and you’re doing very well for yourself and family even in NYC and charter flights and send your kids to Horace Mann from k-12 and have a house either in Hamptons or Nantucket.

My dream to run a $300MM fund of my own…