ER boutique shops?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But “top 20” probably does mean between 16 and 20. > Otherwise, it would be “top 10” or “top 15”. Yes exactly. But it can also mean that it’s top 15 in one ranking but top 20 in the other. I just don’t want to disclose the name cuz it’s not relevant here.

It is funny to me how obsessed everyone on here is with rankings. Obviously you want to go to a good school, but calling somebody out because they said they are attending a top 20 schools is just stupid. Chuck Royce and Ron Baron have undergrad from Bucknell and no MBA (although Baron did get a night school law degree), and I’d say they did pretty well…I think Baron bought the most expensive house ever at the time a few years ago. Of course you need the right stuff on the resume to get your foot in the door, but I think that the stuff on the resume on average reflects hard work and intellect. While maybe you can’t get smarter, you can work harder. I see a lot of guys do that coming out of college when they get a taste of what it takes to succeed in this business.