ESPN and Physics

ok, fine, you need to add:

• Has a masters degree
  • Expert at Chipotle marketing
  • Tech expert
  • Weekend lawyer
  • Only one here who works with executives and their assistants
  • Hikes in redwoods

That being said, you could easily make a twice as ridiculous list about me. I won’t try though, my ego’s fragile enough.

Can we add “people person” to the list?

Haha. I actually like him, I tried to help him hookup his phone to his TV to watch MLB.tv.

Oh yeah, was the Chipotle thing when someone said the got rid of the salsa and was quickly regulated? Someone was also regulated in a thread about running shoes… that one’s pretty epic too.

blake is cool in my books…its not like he tried to argue that because Standard Charter’s stock price plummeted on some bad news that implies the company is in grave danger and risk going into oblivion…clearly a fine was in order but so was a recovery…

Anticipated Responses:

1. “you idiot Frankie, i never said they were going under just the threat that they could” - no, you implied it

2. “i never said just cause the stock price collapsed that means they’re in trouble” yes, you implied it…remember FB…

3. “go back to watching the stupid kardashians you dim witted canuck” - ok i will…

So everyone in this thread failed their job interview. This would be a great trading or quant question. The people who made up fake calculations with false assumptions failed even harder. The people who really fought to make their false points performed the worst.

What is the key takeaway? Understand the question before you attempt to derive an answer. After you understand the question, if you are going to make a calc or attempt an answer, use the correct assumptions.

Use common sense. Obviously 77 mph != 100 mph. Why would you fight this? And who here has the background to come up with an alternative metric to equate the two. It is laughable.

As for the personal stuff, seriously grow up. I understand your frustrations when one person is correct and 20 are wrong. I was connected to at least five people on the other forum who were also members here when I was on facebook. They have seen the pics.

Blackswan, message me. You have my word it is safe and private.

Sounds like a trap. Message me first. lol

OMG, did I fail an interview with the opportunity to work under you? I’m devastated!

It’s a good thing I am too lazy to go throw myself off of a bridge.

Good luck, Black Swan, hold out for extra vacation days, because I suspect Blake is tight fisted when it comes to comp. :wink:

This seriously made me laugh out loud at my desk, haha

A quote followed by LMAO is now considered a question?

Go on Blake, I’d like to see your argument that wind chill and heat index are meaningless measures because how can it feel like 115 degrees outside when it’s really 102?? Just like humidity and wind factor into the equation, distance factors into ESPN’s comment ‘equating’ 77 mph from 46’ to 100 mph from 60’6". I notice you haven’t answered the Aroldis Chapman question posed earlier…

So all P/E ratios of 15 are equally valued, irrespective of growth, risk, etc.?

There’s the literal answer, which is “yes, 15=15=15, and anyone who doesn’t see that is a dumbass.”

Then there’s the answer a responsible investor would give.

aaand, I have found my signature.

More importantly, Alex Smith’s wife (who is a Raiderette).

I would guess they meant something like:

Michael Jordan (the only baseball player I know) was throwing balls at 77mph when he was a little kid. As an adult, he can throw them at 106 or whatever.

Little kid is throwing balls at 77 mph, so we (ESPN random commentators) believe that could be akin to an adult throwing at 106.

Even though we may fail the interview, I think it’s common sense that the kid will be able to throw the ball a little faster once he growns up to be a pro, right? I mean, even nerdy charterholders are throwing @ 85 these days…

lolololol

Blakes a good n****. Lay off him.

I should let sleeping dogs lie but ESPN wouldn’t be that subjective, that would be akin to newborn flinging a toy and extrapolating that into 102 mph if he were an adult playing baseball from major league distances, how in the world would you get anywhere near accurate assumptions? See below article from, of all places, ESPN:

“All that week, the players had been bombarded by the Almonte hype machine. They’d been told his pitches topped out at 76 mph, the equivalent – given the short distance between Little League mound and plate – of a 103-mph big league fastball.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=cerda

Ha, we weren’t overanalyzing. Eat it Frank.

bump