Essential Finance Skills to Land a Job

it sounds like you are a FA

yeah actually that is what i do, only not for commission and only for HNW peeps. they like to call it weath management. its basically a glorified financial advisor

Curious what is HNW considered at your shop? 1M, 10M, 25M?

10M invested with US…not total net worth. although i have heard of 500k also being considered HNW

purealpha Wrote: > > EXCEL. There are so many CFA/MBA-ers that can’t > do basic Excel. The knowledge is great but the > day to day reality of many finance jobs is that > you are a spreadsheet jockey. + 1

I’m in wreath management as well - I take care of my clients during the holiday season. . .

SkipE99, Well i understood your profile,honestly speaking am in the similar role as well.Taking care of Wealth of High Networth Individuals and Corporate.But one thing which kinda bothers/confuses me is how CFA would help in our current role.Throw some light…

SkipE99, Well i understood your profile,honestly speaking am in the similar role as well.Taking care of Wealth of High Networth Individuals and Corporate.But one thing which kinda bothers/confuses me is how CFA would help in our current role.Throw some light…

when i was in Wealth Management or whatever you wanna call it, I was managing portfolios for the individuals, foundations, etc. So in that case there was CFA related items when it came to asset allocation, security selection of equities and fixed income, efficient frontier, etc. If you are not actually doing the investing decisions then I dont really see where its applicable, unless you are trying to jump over to that type of role. In that case I guess the CFA is hopefullly more of a differntiator than it is an actual skillset.