Ethics: board memberships

I’m only slightly joking here, but according to the standards, we should have to disclose to our employers that we’re enrolled in the CFA program. It clearly is time consuming and I am certainly depriving my employer of my “abilities” when I a) am up all-night trying to fit every nuance of every LOS into my head, b) can’t seem to focus on anything job-related during the month of May, or c) go off on my co-workers for little things because stress levels are at an all-time high. The last one may not be time consuming but I’m sure that I have tested standard I (D) Misconduct quite a bit.

Anyone know for certain if there are violations with these three scenarios?

Check out review question 40 on page 162 (answered on page 179). While not directly on point, it doe seem to come close to one of these fact patterns. The very last sentence of the answer is a bit of a mystery to me (having to do with the fact that find raising already began).

@Ontothenextone Pretty much. Think about this, you have a time-sensitive meeting on Monday afternoon at 2pm in NYC, you will be travelling from Montreal on a 7am Monday morning to make the meeting. If you decide to get shitfaced (on your own town time & on your own dime) and end up missing your the one and only flight because you’re hungover - have you violated the Duties to Clients standard?