Exam Date Dilemma

Mattlike analysis - Yes i do plan to do an MBA majoring in Finance and not stupid marketing and management … i am aware of the benifits of quantitative traits - and you are right - challenging oneself is the key… that is why im going for the CFA and top schools and like top everything… anyone can geta GPA of 4.0 - however, can they compliment with other things such as volunteer work, extra certifcations (which ppl go for after the complete thier undergrad) and similar stuff… that is a challenge my friend… furthermore, no i dont have a solid background in finance … just a lil bit… that is why im a little hesitant and asked for guidance… and i dunno why LV2 ppl got it all wrong and started this crazy discussion…

have2 pass - … i dont wanna start an arguement… but if you dont have anything potent to say… its better to utlizie your time for something esle… focus on ur LV2… now thats common sense… !

frizbee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > have2 pass - … i dont wanna start an > arguement… but if you dont have anything potent > to say… its better to utlizie your time for > something esle… focus on ur LV2… now thats > common sense… ! You know what, dude? Don’t come here and preach to anybody and tell them what they should/should not work on. If you go on a public forum full of people that just sat for a very tough exam and ask for advice, you are going to get some good advice and some tongue-in-cheek type of response. We “LV2” people are more likely to tell you where you can shove your 4.0 and MBA aspirations than we are to help you when you feel the need to retort with a bunch of snotnosed bs without having contributed one iota here. All of us here have “focused” on our “LV2”. We are waiting for results.

frizbee, you clearly have ambition … this is good. but there is no need to burden your mind with thoughts of a level 2 exam in two years. I would advise you to focus on your undergrad now and the other things that will allow you the best chance to get into a top MBA program. Also enjoy your college life (get drunk, be a party animal, get laid etc) … that time never comes back. When you’re done, check us back … then we’ll tlk. who knows … maybe many of us may still be posting on the Level 2 forum.

Thankyou Bevrez - ill keep in mind wht you have to say

budfox427 - i came to this forum to ask for opinions - and in responce i get haphazard remarks - totally not related to wht i have asked and simply distorted … I am not preaching anyone - i dont have time for that - i rather focus my energy on something which will add value to me… secondly - i am just replything to those who were thrusting unacceptable or should i say childlike remarks… There are many good people in this forum - however, there are few which are jst there to benefit themselves and not others… totally destroying the concept on which this forum is based on…

man, your statement says that you don’t have time for something that won’t add value to you. so why should we help you if you’re not going to participate in any discussion that doesn’t assist you and only you. and ‘haphazard’? hehe, go speed racer go.

just yankin your chain man, BUT if you don’t have time, why would you respond to the guy to say that you don’t have time. i think you should arrange your current schedule better before working on your 2010 schedule.

Just do L1 in Dec. 08. You have plenty of time. Good luck.

I think the answer to your original question depends on a few factors you may not be able to plan for. Writing L2 in June after writing L1 in Dec 2009 is definitely doable. However, you’ll probably be drained, and how much study time you have available will depend primarily on what job you’re doing then. As you don’t know what the job is yet, you obviously don’t know the hours yet either. (or if you’ll be juggling GMAT, work, and CFA). But it’s all good…just write the exam when you’re ready, and if you don’t think you can take it in the following June then wait untill the following year. Good luck

thankyou jabroni

Frizbee, What are you trying to accomplish by posting on the Level II forum about taking an exam that, best-case scenario, you will not even be taking until almost two years from now? I respect your ambition but don’t post such a ridiculous question and wonder why the majorities are replying with, as you put it, “childlike remarks”. You then tell us that “if you don’t have anything potent to say, it’s better to utilize you’re time with something else”. Do you consider your posting on this forum “potent”? Get a little common sense my friend. You want a better opinion of things? OK. Why don’t you first finish your undergrad degree, get a freaking JOB, and then rethink your game plan. Just to let you know, Level I is not a walk in the park either. Oh, and by the way, it’s “Ivy” not “Ivey” - just a little heads up before you starting writing those essays for graduate school…

Better start studying for L2 now, I hear it’s pretty hard.

Preetch, did you just take a bullet for me?

frizbee, One of the things you will need to appreciate quickly if you want to work on wall st. or investment management is that a sense of humor is valued and a little ribbing is expected. Didn’t mean to offend you but you need to develop the ability to laugh at yourself and a little thicker skin. I appreciate your enthusiasm for test… Best of luck to you.