Exam day and Professional Conduct

The NYC test center where I was had two candidates at each desk. At some point during the morning session, my neighbor made an awkward movement that shook and moved the desk. She said “Sorry” out loud. I didn’t think anything of it when it happened, but now that I’m reading this thread, I’m nervous that she might have caused suspicion on both of us!

^ same here as TinyBeluga…I hated how they had two candidates to a single plastic desk. My neighbour was furiously erasing all the time shaking the whole table.

The guy next to me was frustrated the entire test and kept hitting the table with his fist and mumbling cuss words…

I was seated in my seat at about 8:10am. When the exam started at 9, I was soooooooo glad that the person beside my didn’t show. I had the whole desk to myself. I was also glad that I brought earplugs because the air conditioner/vent was super loud.

For some reason I thought the proctors were CFA charterholders who volunteered to spend a Saturday proctoring the exam. So instead they’re hired by a temp agency and paid minimum wage or something?

That’s what I thought as well until I sat for the exam, where I heard the ‘main’ proctor speak such bad English that she wouldn’t have been able to sign up for the exam on her own, let alone pass it.

Heh, person next to me also hadn’t shown up.

Also, everyone behaved super and the hall was perfectly quiet during both sessions. The only sound in the afternoon session was the odd stomach rumble here and there.

After the proctor picked up the exams in my area, my neighbor started chatting about the exam- about specific questions, ie. that XXXXX one really had me stumped- I picked XXX… the Proctor had to come over and tell him not to talk- i was afraid I’d get busted for being party to the conversation. But then again- we both wrote the same exam- so was there any violation of a CFA rule??

One of the proctors in St. Louis had her cell phone go off during the afternoon session, ringer volume all the way up. Hopefully no one got flagged for looking up to see what was going on as she scrambled out of the room to answer her phone…

I had one stupid situation, end of afternoon session, I was done and looking at how a girl two three tables ahead of me was playing with her flip flops. All of a sudden I got the chills because a proctor seated in the front row is looking right at me…and then goes back to writing something down. It was more like he was writing some report but I wondered whether I should walk up to him after the session and explain the whole situation. I did not in the end and instead rushed out of the room to be amongst the first at the bar.

So if I dont fail for the lack of knowledge I might actually fail for “cheating”. My question: would they still bother to tell me the score?

2) Do not look around the exam room. If you are taking a break or just need to clear your head, close your eyes and look down. I can’t tell you how many people get busted because they let their eyes wander. If a proctor sees you looking in the direction of someone else and they write you up, you are done.

What do you mean by you’re done ?

PCP investigation coming your way. Basically “you’re done” means it’s time to say good bye to finance and go back to flipping burgers at Maccas.