Exam Day Questions

In answer to your questions: 1. Mechanical pencils are ok and I believe 0.5 in the same as HB, but you could google it to check. 2. Yes you can leave the building, in fact make sure you watch out for the people that leave and don’t come back!! 3. Yes you are allowed to read notes, but you have to leave them in a bag in the separate room which tends not to be supervised, so don’t leave anything valuable. 4. You are allowed to bring two calculators, and batteries/screwdriver if you want to change batteries. Good luck to you, and try not to stress about the actual day, it can be stressful, but you’ll get through it!

I know this sounds lame…but I don’t want to take any chances: Are we allowed to bring a pencil case to store our stuff: calculators, eraser, pencils, sharpner.etc ?

you can take one but you have to leave it outside/storage room. Its a good quesiton cause I didn’t realise that at first, you can’t take anything in except pencil, calculator, ticket, ID pencil sharpener, eraser, and they all have to be loose and not in anything!

no u r not allowed to carry pencil cases… The following items must be kept on your desk during the exam: Exam admission ticket Current government-issued photo identification Approved calculator(s), including calculator case(s) Writing instruments (pencils for Levels I and II, pens and pencils for Level III) The following items may be kept on your desk, if needed: Erasers, calculator batteries (and screwdriver for battery replacement), pencil sharpeners (no knives), eyeglasses, earplugs, and wristwatches (analog and digital) are acceptable; however, audible alarms and/or timers must be turned off The following items are permitted in the testing room but must remain in your pockets or under your chair when not in use: Wallet (money purse) Medicine, tissues, and other necessary medical or personal items The following items are not permitted in the testing room: Food or drinks Baggage of any kind including transparent bags, backpacks, handbags, tote bags, briefcases, luggage, carrying cases, passport covers, or pencil cases Study materials including notes, papers, textbooks, or study guides Scratch paper, present/future value tables, or calculator manuals Highlighters, correction fluid, correction tape, or rulers Knives of any type, including box cutter and X-ACTO® knives for use as pencil sharpeners Mobile phones, MP3 players, BlackBerrys®, cameras, pagers, headsets, computers, electronic organizers, personal data assistants, or any other remote communication or photographic devices Any type of desk clock or timer Source :http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/examdetails/policies/belongings.html

what about kleenexes in your pocket…or will they think we can right notes on them…

just saw tina’s post…tissues are ok