Exam Violation

Quoted from CFAI website among the items that can be on your desk if needed:

Wristwatches (analog and digital); however audible alarms and/or timers must be turned off.

So it should be OK, I’m just reading about so many “over diligent” proctors - and I understand, they have to do their job and all, but still.

Anyhow OP probably had a desk clock type of thing, I’m just overworriyng, because I did not really check this one issue in advance, I just assumed whatever watch (wrist or small desk) could be used. Thank God I bought a wristwatch and not a desk clock.

Yeah, if a timepiece doesn’t have a wrist-band, it’s considered non-compliant. Kind of a goofy definition, and is not consistently enforced. I guess they’re trying to cut down the number of spurious alarms going off, and the chance that someone can program formulas into a non-wrist piece.

But heads-up CFAI, smart-watches are out now!

Google glasses are out too… maybe glasses will be banned next.

I had a digital watch w the timer running. Proctor took it and walked away…came back a few min later and said I couldn’t have it bc it had an alarm. I put it under my chair. Did not hear anything else about it.

do they often write you up and contact CFAI without telling you? How long does it take typically to be notified by the CFAI?

Yes, sometimes they submit a violation to the Ethics board without telling you. Letters start coming out about the end of June, and continue up to the score release date.

dupe