Excel Macro for trade reconciliation

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why not use Access for that? This is just my opinion, but I think most people would be more comfortable using Excel rather than Access. In addition, unless you’re building something on a true front-end (like on a .net framework), it’s been my experience that Excel can be a nice band-aid solution and act as a “front-end”. It’s easy to modify and update, and the learning curve isn’t bad since most people know how to use Excel from the start… my $0.02

LukeBBC251 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maratikus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why not use Access for that? > > > This is just my opinion, but I think most people > would be more comfortable using Excel rather than > Access. In addition, unless you’re building > something on a true front-end (like on a .net > framework), it’s been my experience that Excel can > be a nice band-aid solution and act as a > “front-end”. It’s easy to modify and update, and > the learning curve isn’t bad since most people > know how to use Excel from the start… > > my $0.02 Luke, I agree with what you are saying. However, I think you can still use Excel is the front end but link it to Access for reconciliation, etc. That’s what I used to do when I traded.

Write simple java with POI to read excel file! Bingo!

Tons of thanks to you all for helping me out especially you Golden_Slacks:)

Thanh1977 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tons of thanks to you all for helping me out > especially you Golden_Slacks:) No love for the excel solution? :c(

LukeBBC251 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > No love for the excel solution? :c( +1 on the excel solution! VBA is great but it is always easier to try to construct the problem on the Excel spreadsheet first. Even when I know that I am going to automate something in VBA, I still construct it on a spreadsheet first just as a proof of concept, then I write it out in VBA, or C Sharp, or VB, or Python, or whatever…