Failed Level 1 three times, help / destroyed

lol infinitybenzo i agree with HR statement, when this guy i know brags he works for a bank i cringe…hes in compliance.

sorry for band 10 man, my opinion also is not having a finance background makes much difference to passing

despite everyone’s hilarious comments hahaha they also were bricking it once upon time on results day.

Only you know why you failed, your reasons for L1 are familiar to mine. If you’re young go again, failing L1 twice is common.

Never underestimate how much effort other people put into these exams can lead us into false sense of security but now you know.

I met some girl who works as the Bloomberg Help Help chat. She also said she worked in “finance” initially. I guess it is hard to explain what this is to people outside the industry.

Yeah these Bloomberg “Helpers” are usually fresh college grads with the technical manual in front of them. I had to explain to one what duration was and why I needed it. She kept trying to give me ‘maturity’ instead.

For OP, I would walk away. I switched into this CFA thing in 2009 at age 30 with no prior background, so I feel you. However I destroyed Level I on my first try (passed easily), but got smoked on Level II a year later (Band 6). Two more passes and I was all done.

If you studied your butt off and still can’t pass Level I, Level II will crush your soul completely, trust me.

i am sure the OP studied half ass. If you have a college degree then you should have enough brain power to pass cfa exams. remember just because you sat down for 6 hours does not mean you studied for 6 hours. also i read 100 pages today does not mean I studied those 100 pages. you need to know, understand, and most importantly be able to explain to a 5 year old. And solve every single blue box questions in the cfai books. if you truly did all of this and still fail level 1…boy not sure what to tell you man.

Most cases I’ve seen comes down to a lack of preparation… I’ve come across quite a few smart kids that failed to pass L1 due to lack of preparation.