Failed... twice... need your contribution!

First of all dont quit. It is not an easy exam . FSA, Fixed Income and Corporate Finance are the key to pass the level one exam, so focus on these three. Since you have attempted twice, this time just do only practice exams from now onwards till the exam day. Printout all the formulas and read every morning.

In Canada, L1 can be used in conjunction with other certificates to be a registered portfolio manager.

In US, L2 is a subsititute of Series 86/87 to be an analyst at sell-side firms under certain conditions of continuous employment, etc.

Do some reasearch before making false assertions.

OP you need to focus more on the heavyweight topics and make sure you know them back to front I.e. FRA, ethics and quant. Do as many eoc, qbank and mocks as possible.

if you failed L1 twice, the best advise is to give up and spend the time for something else. yes, of course there are people that fail L1 twice and still obtain the charter one day. but think about it: if you fail L1 twice, it is most likely that you will need minimum 2 attempts for L2. L2 is just much harder, even though there may be evidence that L2 and L1 have grown together in terms of difficulty. But L3 is harder to pass than L2. in essence, it may very well be that you study for the next 7 years. for what? how many hours of precious time?

Hej,

You should not give up trying if you want to pass. There is no one who knows you more than yourself. You should think about the way you have been preparing last two time and make some slight changes and I am sure that you will pass. Don´t think that those people who have got already the charter , that they are smarter than you are. You should prepare yourself mentally and stick it in your mind , that this time I will passe the L1. I am sure that you know the material very well. so don´t abondon your dream easily , you are a winner . Good luck yes