FAILURE BAND 10 baby

bannisja, cfaboston, and dinesh: I feel for you guys. From the things you posted, it was clear that you knew a lot of things very deeply, and were soooo close. That’s encouraging - it means that maintaining that level on those topics won’t take that much time (not nearly as much as it took to grasp it in the first place). This will leave you much more time to patch up the rough spots. Hang in there- you’ll get it next year. Try to keep daj in control, if that’s possible (I’m beginning to think of him as our own L2 Muppet). Sorry you’ll have to put up with him for the next year.

I am a newbie here, I feel so sorry for you guys. Fortunately I passed level 2. My humble opinion is, to pass the exam, it appears that reading those CFAI books is more important than Schweser notes, although I used both. There are a lot of detail questions directly taken from the books. Just my 2 cents.

Busprof: I dont mind studying this thing again but what is costing me much is ONE WHOLE YEAR

Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 9

ouch, that’s comparable to a slap in my face :frowning: Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Band 10 group also!!! Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Seriously… anyone else around here getting more skeptical of this “band” stuff? Seems really fishy to me.

GUYS TAKE YOUR PERSONAL INFO OFF YOUR SCORE REPORTS!!!

deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > add me to the Failure band ten crew! > _____________________________________________ My calcs gives that a minimum score of 58.33 (70/120) so MPS is as least 59.167 (or 71/120)

SkyinBrian521 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > deep2002 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > add me to the Failure band ten crew! > > > _____________________________________________ > > My calcs gives that a minimum score of 58.33 > (70/120) so MPS is as least 59.167 (or 71/120) I missed it by one-two questions. Lady luck was not with me that day. Thank you for the calculating it out at least I know I was on the top end of the 10 band

I just want to cry… Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 9

August 2008 601*** Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10 “There is no failure except in no longer trying”. ~Elbert Hubbard

I’m sorry guys.

Band 9 for me… I knew i lacked Equities…came as a shocker to me a day before exams that it has the highest individual weightage… Anyways failure adds to wisdom…i have flunked professional exams earlier also but cracked them ultimately…i will f### this in 2009… Will make sure I go through this site once daily…will catch up with all of you more regularly now… Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * Just curious to know if anyone else from INDIA…

bannisja, cfaboston, and dinesh, I don’t believe you are here. And I don’t believe I am here too. Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

worth doing the retab? only thing i can think of to stop the current pain Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

Sam2562… I don’t understand… I would do a retab… you had to be sooooooooo close. I feel you pain!

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Busprof: > > I dont mind studying this thing again but what is > costing me much is ONE WHOLE YEAR Yea, it must be hard. But you WILL get it next year. I assume by your name that you’re in Boston. What company?

sigh…fail the 3rd time…should i do it again? Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 9

I am surprisd that some of you who were soo active on the forum and often helped solve my doubts didn’t clear