FANTASTIC RESULTS!!!!

kabhii Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > looks like we have daj for level 3 forum :slight_smile: Please no. That was a huge bonus for passing LII this year.

Special thanks to jlpalu for providingf the silver lining to failing level 2…we have daj here at lev 2 2009 and the lev 3 guys will have jlpalu …jus about evens it out …thanks jlpalu

you’re a doosh. hehe. its not so much boasting as it is feeling lucky. i’m not saying ahhhh! i got 70+ on everything like this guy. i got 65% based on the 40/60/80 so its not like i’m saying i’m any better than anyone. i’m just saying, i pulled off a difficult exam with little preparation and i feel good that i don’t have to feel that uneasy again.

jlpalu, you are god and all here promise to worship you for the rest of our insignificant life. No seriously is that what you wanted to hear??? YOU R A F^CKING A$$HOLE. You missed an invaluable opportunity to hold your damn tongue.You are so narrow minded that if you fell on a pin it would blind you in both eyes. But seriously youd make a lovely corpse. I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me…so go for a long long walk… and stay there

Guys…the guy is obviously foreign…he probably has low cultural intelligence (and NO Jpau, I am not calling you un-intelligent-I am also foreign and had low level of CI when I came here 10 years ago)… We should let that slide…as far as Daj…well I am TRULY sorry for anyone left with that guy (that dude has enough cultural intelligence to know the difference bw some of the things he says)-Thats my nice way of saying…thank you g-d!

I love AF so much…

Jlpalu, I dont think you meant to offend anyone, but if possible, go rent the movie Major League. great line in that movie is “whatever happens, keep it down. you dont want to celebrate too much in front of others who just died” then willie mays hays- “yeah, but what if we are one of the deceased”

Sorry… but I think jlpalu rocks and the rest of you need to back the f off. You want sympathy? Call your mom. This is the AnalystForum and he / she kicked some major butt and wants to tell us about it. Go for it.

Plyon, when I need sympathy I’ll call YOUR mom. (sorry, couldn’t resist. It was just hanging there)

Hello Folks, Congratulation to all of you. What was your study stratagy ? Which material ? How many hours How was the planning for study ? All Nine Yards If you folks can share some of the your study stratagy to accomplish such a great result, it can help people like us, who is goingto appear for Level II exam. -Thanks

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Plyon, when I need sympathy I’ll call YOUR mom. > > (sorry, couldn’t resist. It was just hanging > there) Yeah… but she’ll probably just ruin it for you by telling you what her son scored on the Level II exam the whole time.

Superb results…u could have added some more details like…your score in L1 …your school grades and …lot more… i am impressed by your scores but taste is … Anyways…great line from Major LEague"…

I just passed level 3 and I thought I’d lurk through the L2 forum to see how it went. It’s great you had such high scores, but nobody in the real world cares about test scores. Plus the fact that you would advertise yourself in such a manner shows you have not learned the first thing about working with others or what success is really about. You may have passed L2 with such great scores and may even do so at L3, but you will not achieve anything thereafter without some real work on yourself, which is the hardest work there is. You cannot hide behind tests forever. Sooner or later, you’re going to have to create a meaningful difference for others to be successful, and by your post you simply don’t get it.

misterfridge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jlpalu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Hi Guys, > > > > did anybody score like that?? This is my > > “scorecard”… it’s really FANTASTIC, isn’t > > it!!! > > > > Item Set > > Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > > - Alternative 18 - -* > > - Corporate Finance 36 - -* > > - Derivatives 36 - - * > > - Economics 18 - - * > > - Equity Analysis 72 - - * > > - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * > > - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * > > - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * > > - General Portfolio Management 18 - - * > > - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - * > > > > Kidding or not…this post is pretentious as hell. Seriously, you win the inaugural AF DOUCHEBAG of the year award for…wait for it…BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG! WTF is this with you people? I’m not even pissed/salty cuz I didn’t pass, but this is just plain pathetic and these posts about f*cking games of who got perfect scores…are your d!cks really that small? This is about the most arrogant, classless/tactless sh!t I’ve ever seen…even if it is on a public message board full of strangers. Wow.

Man, forget about everything you are reading in this post, take some drinks today and enjoy your score Congratulations, excellent work

I think that once a year anyone who actually passes and / or crushes this exam should be allowed to boast to his / her heart’s content. The purpose of this forum is to help us pass the exams – not to achieve balance in life or solid portfolio management results; there are other places where we strive for and are evaluated on those criteria. Here it’s all about the exam and if, on August 19th, someone wants to say I AM A GOD AMONG MEN BECAUSE I CRUSHED THIS BEYATCH, then so be it.

“Here it’s all about the exam and if, on August 19th, someone wants to say I AM A GOD AMONG MEN BECAUSE I CRUSHED THIS BEYATCH, then so be it.” Perhaps, but if that person doesnt want the “men” to be annoyed that the “god” then he should probably tone it down a bit.

My only concern with this post is that although the individual scored “>71%” in each category, there is still no guarantee that they didn’t score a 72% overall - which I hardly consider crushing the exam. My point being that just because their score sheet is sexier than some, it doesn’t mean they had a great, let alone “fantastic” result. And just to put this in context, I have posted results for Levels 1 and 2 equivalent to these, and would never consider implying superior performance. However, a pass is a pass – so congrats!

jlpalu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Guys, > > did anybody score like that?? This is my > “scorecard”… it’s really FANTASTIC, isn’t > it!!! > > Item Set > Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > - Alternative 18 - -* > - Corporate Finance 36 - -* > - Derivatives 36 - - * > - Economics 18 - - * > - Equity Analysis 72 - - * > - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * > - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * > - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - * > - General Portfolio Management 18 - - * > - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - * Congratulations on your great results! I actually did so much better that they gave me 2 stars for each item. True story. - Alternative 18 - -** - Corporate Finance 36 - -** - Derivatives 36 - - ** - Economics 18 - - ** - Equity Analysis 72 - - ** - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - ** - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - ** - Fixed Income Analysis 36 - - ** - General Portfolio Management 18 - - ** - Quantitative Analysis 18 - - **

cfausa - Strategy - I spent 10 weeks ( 2 1/2 months ) studying to a very strict schedule. Mon-Thu - 4 hrs everyday, usually from 8 pm to 12 pm (if you are in ny, the nyu library is a great place, but you need to pay em 175 for 5 months of access) Fri - Go out w/ girlfriend or meetup with friends. (no studying) Sat-Sun - 5 hrs everyday, usually from 11 am to 5 pm with a break of an hr for lunch For the final week, I took 3 days off (Wed/Thu/Fri) Books - I read Schweser ONLY. Most useful Tip - Take the time to write your own notes. I had one notebook that had all my notes, and it allowed me to revise entire study sessions extremely quickly.