Farmland

Well, it’s really more about their advisors and their home office wrap products. Their investment committees publish these recommendations (which don’t always jive with their sell side guys btw) and allocate their discretionary assets accordingly. On top of that, you have a large percentage of MSSB and ML advisors that are purely relationship guys so they just blindly follow the key themes as well. Combined that’s hundreds of billions of dollars.

its no wonder why so many funds under perform…truth of the matter is, its hard to find funds that think independently…but that’s my goal…

I agree that it might be too late to make a position on farmland and the time to do that was before the commodity boom. With that said, it is not necessary to get in on the ground floor of a bull market. Do ag firms like ADM own a lot of land? Regarding uranium, it’s the only energy commodity that’s at major lows right now, and it has application in both electricity and water desalination, and I don’t think it is likely to go away. I feel that the major “side effects” involved with uranium will be tolerated. I just think energy will prove too valuable to ignore uranium. The only question is, how to determine what price to pay? Perhaps estimating uranium reserves of some of these companies?

perhaps doing something easier…i’m slowly learning that if i can’t figure it out within 1 hour, i’m not doing it anymore…at least not with my money lol… if a chick doesn’t immediately strike me as hot…than i’m just getting used to her…

Just buy a bunch of northern Canada. Loads of fresh water already there and global warming will turn it into fertial farmland.

@Kabaka - Not a bad start to 2012 for URA (up 23%). Long way to go before I’m where I want to be, but at least we’re finally heading in the right direction.