Feedback from people who have taken the test already

I took the exam today and totally agree with you guys. It was a lot harder than I had expected it to be. There were so many areas which were not touched upon at all- neither in the MCQ section nor in the essay part. I am glad in a way that the designation is getting hard to attain and in the years to come would have a lot more credibility than what it has now. Nevertheless, I am quite bummed now cos I feel I should have studied a lot harder. Anyway, all the best for the result guys!!

1 Like

I took the exam yesterdayā€¦ -MCQs were ā€˜okā€™ in fact in a few questions the choices were pretty off the trackā€¦ -Essays IMHO were a bit straight forward if one had done the readings properlyā€¦ whatever I could remember I put in thereā€¦ Overall I think paper was not easy ā€¦ Hoping for the bestā€¦ and wish all you guys luck as well !!

1 Like

I did underestimate level 2 difficulty. i found the mcq harder than schweser. i was scoring 75 to 85% on schweser mcqā€¦ took no more than 20 secs per question. exam was harder than schweser. score should be 60 to 70%(max). coming to essay, which i was not fully prepared for in any case, was straight forward but i just wrote a few bullet points and must have have scored around 30% max. Level 1 went like a breeze. must have scored above 90%. If level 2 mps is around 55%, I have a good chance or it will be better luck next time. wish you guy good luck.

1 Like

Hello all, I took the exam last Wednesday and thought it was pretty hard. I used the Uppermark materials and took many practice exams scoring over 80% the last week. I thought the multiple choice on the actual exam was much more difficult. The wordiness definitely threw me off since like Ozzy, I was answering the Uppermark questions in 20 sec. I thought the Standards were tricky, but I remember them being tricky in Level I too. As for the essay, I didnā€™t think it was as bad as I had imagined. I looked through all the Uppermark practice essays a few times so I kind of felt like I knew what to expect. I also think I got lucky getting 2 that I feel like I knew. One was just too complicated. For both the multiple choice and the essay my 2 hours and 1.5 hours came down to the last seconds. Still trying to be positive but itā€™s encouraging to see that everyone else thought it was difficult too. I probably studied twice as much as I did for Level I. I know the exam is over but Iā€™m still wishing everyone luck!

1 Like

though i didnā€™t comment on any of the questions in the relevant section, some of the questions were very poorly worded. Ian - how much do you think you scored ? itā€™s always good to compare this with actual scores when they are out.

1 Like

Oh jeez, hopefully above 70% but Iā€™m thinking between 60-70%. Iā€™m thinking that if I can hit around the upper 60ā€™s I might be able to pass with the curve. Just waiting patiently for Oct. 26th! I keep calculating different combos of scores I could get on the mcq and essays to pass, haha.

1 Like

I did leave comments for a couple of questionsā€¦ one of the questions had wrong choicesā€¦and I confirmed it with another friend who took the L2ā€¦I did leave the comment for the same ā€¦ Did any of you guys get any such Qsā€¦?

1 Like

hstunner Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did leave comments for a couple of questionsā€¦ > one of the questions had wrong choicesā€¦and I > confirmed it with another friend who took the > L2ā€¦I did leave the comment for the same ā€¦ > > Did any of you guys get any such Qsā€¦? Yes, i also had a strange question. In the introduction the last price was given and one of the questions was which of the following numbers was closest to the last priceā€¦ I guess it was an incorrect question, or just a very easy one that even a 8-year old could answer.

1 Like

yep. I got one on infra indices - ubs and moodyā€™s. the question was ambiguous and so were the the choices given.

1 Like