Feel like weeping !

That’s a good point MW, alot of the information I haven’t either seen in prior exams or it’s presented in a very different manner. And I suspect that schweser is overkill. I wonder if the exams are too quantitative or too specific. I am guessing the CFAI PM is actually easier? Let’s hope.

mwvt is right. i don’t think i’ve ever seen a linear progression in these schweser exam scores at any of the levels for me. it’s very hard mentally when you know you feel better prepared than 2 weeks ago then get a lower score. so i understand.

I am actively reviewing the material actually. I think I am getting too focused on narrow zones and am starting to slip on other material. That’s part of the problem, I actively review, and then some more broad based information starts to get fuzzy. I think the next step is to review this particular exam and then read the secret sauce (second time). I think I will have to take a week and a half off work now. I’m not sure, I dont know what else to do. Maybe there is a three day seminar being provided that I can attend, though not sure ho helpful that will be.

That’s exactly my point. It takes too long to really review. But I rather put in the time and pass this stupid thing

Yes, it really does derswap. There is such a mountain of information to cover. I almost feel like getting super absorbed into the material more than one week away from the exam may almost be a non productive use of time. I feel like you’ll forget the nuances of the material by test day if you do that. The one thing I want to focus on at this time is IPS - I think I will spend the following week tightening that up (review past AM’s) along with doing calcs, and review the exams I have taken. I may do one or more AM, but there is only so much it will do. The more time I spend taking exams the less time I will have to re-review information. To each his own of course, but I think cramming works well for me…

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > derswap07 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > bhill020 > > > > Your TIP is great. The problem why lot of > > candidates do not follow it is because it’s too > > time consuming. Any TIP on how to speed it up ? > > > What I try and do after I finish a test is write > down the topics for all the areas that I just > messed up on. So for example, I may list out > > 1. Foundation IPS Legal requirements > 2. Fixed income relative value characteristics > 3. Interest rate caps & floors > 4. etc… > > Then I start by checking off my list. I make sure > I understand a topic before I move onto the next > one. After that review is done, then I take > another test. It ensures that I will not make the > SAME mistakes on the real test. > I’ve done a similar strategy for all 3 levels which has really helped me out. When going over a practice test, if I got an answer wrong or didn’t completely understand the concept I write the correct formula or concept down in my notebook (usually grouped by topic). In between practice tests I keep reviewing these notes. If I made the same mistake again, I’d write it down again, but this typically cut down on duplicated mistakes and really helped me pinpoint my weak areas.

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To each his own of course, but I think cramming > works well for me… I’m all about the cramming! I’ll put in more hours in the final 2 weeks than I have b/t now and January easily. The date approaching gives me the kick in the a$$. And I can take the time off work, which is great.