Fellow charterholder discovers her fate way too early....

At this time of year I like to limit myself to a day skiing followed by a nice port wine in the Slopeside Pub to toast and celebrate the world monetary order…

Notably the pub at the “Bretton Woods” Mount Washington Resort for those that may not be aware that Mount Washington is the locus of that history making world gathering.

I was just up there with the fam a few weeks ago. Skied Wildcat and Bretton Woods. Wildcat was awesome but cold.

Confirming.

Though her US timetable is (in an eerie kind of way) pretty much identical to mine.

She does sound like a person I would have wanted to meet. Sad.

I can only imagime how her husband might feel now… dropping her off at that damn hike.

Sad. Reminded me in many ways of this story that dates from 2004.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug/17/news/os-canyondeath17

never understood these adventure junkies. Cant they get a high from just regular exercise or do they have to prove something to tempt fate.

It’s not about exercise. It’s also really not about “adventure” for most people.

I didn’t understand it when people downplayed the role of adrenaline when I started whitewater kayaking but as I got more and more advanced in the sport and surrounded by guys who were sponsored everything became much more calculated. It’s more about preperation and execution than anything at a certain point.

An ultra runner once said when it comes to “extreme sports” there are essentially two types of people. People that see videos of the sports and say, “what a bunch of idiots” and people who see those videos and think “how can i become one of those idiots?” It’s just some form of fundamental irreconcileable difference that I think defy’s explanation. Most mountain athletes have a hard time understanding the draw of a cancun beach vacation while most rational people have a hard time understanding the draw of winter mountaineering that’s been described as “the art of suffering.”

Most people look at outdoor sports people with disdain because of theperceived meaningless of the lifestyle while most participants look at the majority with disdain because of the perceived meaningless of the common lifestyle. I just think there are fundamental worldview differences between the two camps that aren’t likely to be overcome by discussion.

Obviously I’m biased towards the outdoor sports side of the debate but its just the way I seem to be wired. The things I enjoy are the stuff of my gf’s nightmares so I’ve given up trying to explain it. I will say that having straddled both worlds there is a night and day difference in the levels of contentment and happiness across the two groups.

How about TRH? Maybe he can confirm that it wasn’t him.

And maybe he’s really a she that’s been fooling us this whole time.

Wow, this is something. Prayers.

Just a note to you weekend warriors. This is not your weekend…

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/12/16/wind-chill-mount-washington/

+1

Well said… especially the parts about how different people find meaning and value in different kinds of experiences

I agree. Good to see that you are both in touch with yourself and simultaneously understanding that other people may be wired differently. Not many people seem to be able to get that. Respect.

It’s official: bchad is on board to free CvM