Final Stretch....

Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining WORK DAYS? n/a Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining STUDY LEAVE? 12 each day Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? 10 work days prior 120 hrs has got to be enough. I think I have done about that already.

lucky, lucky!!

Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? 3.5 Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? 10 Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? 1 week

Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? 2 hr on avg Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? 10 Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? 11 day

Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? 3 hrs on avg Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? 15-20/weekend Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? Hoping for 5 days but might be less depending on work.

I feel like a slacker after reading these posts…why is everyone so hardcore? Or did you guys procrastinate so now you need to cram? Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? 1-2 hours per weekday Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? Aim for 6-8 hours, but honestly probably only do 4 hours (each weekend day) Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? One day.

1. work days - barely have time, 30 min to 1 hour tops 2. weekends - 12+ hours/day 3. days off, anywhere from 2 to possible 5(whole week). each day 12+ hours

I can only dream of squeezing in 2 hrs to study on a weekday even if I don’t have my lunch, dinner or a bath :slight_smile: . You guys really must be great time managers!

2-3 10/ea whole week prior to exam

it’s easy to find time… 8 hours each night i used to do nothing… not it’s less than 5.

Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? about 1 Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? (including memorial day) about 6 hours a day. Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? yes, 5 days off, studying about 8 hours a day. So w/ 5 study days, 5 weekend days, and 6 weekdays left, that’s 76 hours of studying I have left. Datamonkey is doing 6 hours each weekday, 12 hours each weekend day, and presumably 12 hours on each of his 3 study days off. so he will study 8x6 + 12x8 = 144 hours from now until the exam. First of all, I don’t really believe anyone here is going to study that much. Second, if you did study that much, I think you’re crazy. Third, kudos for your dedication and apparently superhuman attention span.

cfacfacfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining > work/week days? > > Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining > weekends? > > Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to > study? > > 1) Usually about 4…though I do squeek in an hr or so at work too 2) 8-10 3) 3 days week off, next week have the holiday. Might take another vacation day next week too… Yeah, I got sick yesterday…not sure if it was what I ate or too much coffee, late nights, stress etc. Anyways, lost an evening, but I got some rest which never hurts

Last year (prior to knowing this website existed) I operated in a pleasant little vaccuum. I only read Schweser for L2 - - read each study session and watched the little Schweser class for the week - - so did about ~5 hrs per week until the last two weeks. Two weeks prior to the test i spent about 3 hrs a night reviewing Schweser notes. One week before i took 1/2 Schweser test per day - - reviewed my wrong answers (again ~3-4 hrs per day). Averaged mid/high 70s. I went into that test so calm (think that accounted for half my score) and honestly left thinking that besides Treynor-Black, i aced the test (turns out i didn’t – also screwed up some ethics - but otherwise rocked L2). A friend tipped me off to this site around when test scores were supposed to be available and now i’m addicted (long time listener - first time caller). Somebody said yesterday they refresh this site more than bberg - - me too (and i actually have a live feed to bberg) - it’s killing me - why can’t i quit you? But i am driving everyone around here crazy with - - “holy sh!t - - i’ve got to bust out the books - - these guys are studying 500 hrs, reading CFAI 3x, doing practice tests going back 4 decades, skipping sleep to practice on the BAII”. Seriously think doing just Schweser - - you’re fine. Studying a few hrs a night in the final couple weeks - fine. Studying a little more on weekends (never studied a single weekend for L2) - fine. You guys are seriously crazy. I am annoying the crap out of anyone and everyone with CFA after their name on the biz card - - with “which is harder . . .?” EVERYONE i’ve spoken to has said L3 is leagues easier than L2 - - clearly very different but easier. L2 instructors are apparently telling their students this is the best year to be taking L3 in a long time bc they gave all the serious quant stuff to L2. Sorry L2. I know, people are going to come back with all kinds of evidence suggesting the opposite. but all about how you study, frame of mind when you go into the test etc. Stress out, over study and confuse yourself, don’t sleep and remember nothing when you stare at that 40 page essay book in the AM. I have stepped it up significantly bc of this site - - weekends now suck, nights are spent reviewing notes at the dinner table - alone, and my days are completely inefficient as i continue to refresh and freak out every time someone asks a question i don’t even understand and bigwilly fires off some answer i don’t understand in 2 minutes or hala_madrid or volkovv. I’m with foxie who suggested you compare your schweser test scores to the average and rest assured knowing that if you’re above the avg (which i’m sure everyone on here is), you statistically are fine. This year will be a big pass year - - they seem to try to avg mid 60s. Years that had a low pass rate are usually followed by years with a silly high pass rate - - look at 05/06 or 02/03. I’m not going to be with you the week scores are posted - - i’ll be sitting on the beach in st thomas with the wife and kiddies who are owed an entire summer in st thomas for what you people have forced me to do to them in the last month (sent them to the grandparents last weekend and to friends for Mem Day weekend)- - JK. But i’m going on the record saying pass rate of 75% + this year. And 90% + of the people who post in here will be in there for sure. Please relax - - you guys are killing me - i think literally. Also, looking for volunteers to help flatten bigwilly’s tires morning of the 7th - - need help moving the curve a little in my direction.

My Tires! How about Volkovv’s he’s a sleeper!!! Dont’ worry I’ll already be at the hotel the night before…so I’ll just be pissed when I get out after the test to find my slashed tires…

seriously… I am pretty sure that about 30-50 people on the forum make up a good percentage of that top 1% of test takers… volkovv, hala, willy, CSK, etc… 'think of it… if peoplee aren’t using this forum, they just wouldn’t be in that top 1% and score perfectly… I know some extremely smart people who have barely studied (as in < 50 hours total) and they passed, but they sure as SH*T didn’t ACE this thing…

I study b/c I don’t like to gamble and fail this thing when everyone knows I’m taking it.

yeah, i never really told people i was taking it - - my firm couldn’t care less (started CFA before i started in my current job at suggestion of headhunter who said it would be good for the buyside) - - and thanks to whoever bumped the totally depressing “failed L3” thread last week - - bummer when the sellside analyst was embarrased re: colleagues knowing she had tried so hard . . . however, now everyone knows i’m taking it bc i bitch so much about this thread; i benefit and suffer from the fact that i know if i fail, i won’t be back. nice to not have that pressure - - really only took L3 bc i thought i could kind of wing it until i got absorbed in this site - - now i’m inspired - - want that “diploma” on the wall really only to offset my wife’s two diplomas (i only have one sadly) - - but if i don’t pass, no chance i’m doing this again curious as to what sectors people work in where this is so important - - i was in i-banking for years - - they don’t even know what the cfa is - - and now on the buyside and my fund couldn’t care less - - actually probably wish i didn’t spend so much time not glued to my bberg; heard of some fund of funds around here that require it?! that’s stress - pass or collect unemployment

For the guys that do 3 hours plus during the week, here is a question for you: Do you work in the Investment Industry? I work in Research. I am lucky to get an hour in the evening before I passout from exaustion from working a 12+ hour day. If you guys are able to pull of 3+ hours working 12 hour days your are machines. If you are working a 8 hour a day job that is the reason you have so much extra time.

cool trick by this site! i typed what i guess they deem a curse word - - means “to complain” and they pound signed out the word i’m research also - 12 hrs typically 7-7; but go home, throw kiddies in bed, eat dinner with a practice test etc etc - - prob get 2 in in the evenings before i pass out with note cards stuck to my cheek

Here is what I would like to do…CFA Ethics requires me to state that I have blatantly plagarized off FlamesFans entry (with a minor modification): Q1) How many hours will you put in on remaining work/week days? 3 hrs on avg Q2) How many hours will you put in on remaining weekends? 15/20+ weekend Q3) Will you be taking time off prior to exam to study? 5 days + hopefully a bit more. Unfortunately, some of that time will be spent in watching baby, coffee breaks, and reading work emails and so the reality is probably less than the above of actual solid productive study time i.e.–my sharpness ratio will probably not be as high as it should be and there will likely be some volatility in the above estimates. Good luck to everybody, especially to those who have children to take care of as well as the CFA.