First Job Offer in Finance! ... but slight problem/concern

thanks bud. and i forget, are you not in same grouping for level 3 candidacy in june??

Congrats dude.

I am not-- I will be sitting out for a couple of years to pursue some other goals.

Best of luck to you with work and studying!

ah, ok well thanks for the well wishes and same to you and reaching those goals! you’re one of the few poster names I recognize from the lev 1/2 forums so I’m sure you’re out there doing big things! @Palantir: thanks man!

Do you get a bonus? Try to make up the difference bonus time

Congrats on your job!!!

When you move to downthown TO next year for your next step make sure you visit Burger’s Priest on Queen St once a week…

Shouldn’t matter, salaries are similar between the cities, we just get to have a life outside of work whereas you do not.

You’ve got an opportunity to get into equity research at a young age, so take it. You can bust ass and hope to get an offer in a higher range a year out. If they try to base your full-time salary on your 40k entry point, you can look to leave after 2 years.

Just keep in mind 2 years isn’t that long and you’re going to work until you’re 65. Congrats on the job.

There’s one on Adelaide now too, steps from Smokes Poutine and Burrito Boys.

Can confirm, that’s how you get fat.

Agreed on the second point. Not being an ass or anything Geo, but you have to be here to believe it.

Pretty great first day. Everyone was very welcoming. The other new associate is quite personable and friendly too; around the same age. My analyst took me out for lunch today and we grabbed 18 oz beers lol was pretty cool for midday and first day. Wasn’t too much work but that will change quickly no doubt. But I’m lucky my analyst is pretty chill, not a hard ass. We can feel free to go out grab a coffee, or lunch, etc, and come back. Absolutely love that company will pay for my phone and I can leave the horsesh*t that WIND is, and go back to Rogers lol (literally one of the best parts of my day/new job). Couldn’t have asked for a better first day.

One thing that scares me is I’m covering healthcare, and there is a LOT of stuff to take in and learn (my analyst is a doctor…). Not certain I’ll be able to stay in this space long term, but need to stay in the moment obv in the meantime.

congrats and good luck with it all. HC is a tough sector, but you learn a ton