Fk the Warriors

I don’t see either Iguodala or Livingston getting huge money elsewhere – but even if they did leave, they’re entirely replaceable. That being said, Joe Lacob (the owner) isn’t afraid to go into luxury tax territory and can certainly afford it.

yes. They won it all in 2011.

I’m more depressed about no sports for 2.5 months after the season is over more than anything

Summer baseball is amazing.

Not if you’re a Phillies fan.

Hey at least you forced extra innings in both games at Fenway.

Does anyone ever make it right from the start to the end of a baseball game?

I don’t get to many games anymore, but when I do I’m there until the final out.

Agreed. If I’m there I generally watch every pitch. I go to about 5-10 games a year.

On tv? It’s rare I’ll watch the full thing, until the playoffs at least. Baseball on the radio is nice for long drives though.

What’s the point of staying til the end when they cut off beer sales in the 7th inning? This is one thing the Europeans got right… no bogus “last-calls” at sporting events.

^ I know, right? I was at Fenway recently and they cut the beer sales off way too soon. Then your buzz starts to tail off and a potentially good night fizzles out.

In the UK you can’t buy any alcohol at football (as in soccer) games so it’s an improvement on that I suppose.

Hooligans ruin it for everyone.

The booze flows well after the game is over when you’re in the company suite.

How the feck did Philly end up with Fultz? I thought he was nailed on for the Celtics?

Philly traded the #3 pick and one of their 1st round picks next year, or the year after, or 2037, or something like that to move up to #1.

ah ok, so basically the Celtics committed to Thomas for another year/ few years and got a small forward instead

Yes, although I think they didn’t actually want to stay at 3. I think they really wanted to package 3 with something and trade with Sacramento for 5 and 10. Tatum’s not a bad consolation prize though and next year’s #1 could be pretty good because I think it can be either the Sixers own pick, the pick they got from the Lakers, or some other pick the Sixers own with some protections. If the Sixers young 3 live up to the hype, Sixer/Celts is going to be an epic EC rivalry again in a few years.

That would be cool. Are philly fans as good banter as Bwoston fans? The one thing that’s missing at sporting events here is away fans so a local rivalry has got to be a good thing.

14 in a row! Stevens = GOAT