Flynndication

No judge said that.

The Justice Department told a judge that they wanted to drop the case against Flynn. No judge has had the opportunity to rule on his guilt or innocence.

Look at the facts.

1 Like

Interestingly, it appears that Trump also disagrees with you . . . or, at least, he did:

“I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!” Trump tweeted on December 2, 2017, shortly after Flynn’s plea. [Emphasis added]

Surely you’re aware that lying to the FBI is illegal, yes?

I didn’t say he “said” it. I said that he “agreed”
The way a case is dropped is that the DOJ asks the court to so do (in this instance in a written motion) laying out the reasons, and if the judge agrees, he issues an order.

Judge Sullivan didn’t have to agree with the motion. He could have refused leave to withdraw the proceedings

Seriously: your argument is about “said” versus “agreed”?

Sigh.

Fine: no judge agreed that Flynn didn’t commit a crime.

Sullivan agreed with the motion to withdraw the charges. A motion to withdraw charges is not a statement that the accused didn’t commit a crime, so Sullivan couldn’t have been agreeing that Flynn didn’t commit a crime. You are aware that not all crimes are prosecuted, yes? You do know that not all crimes of which the court is aware are prosecuted, yes?

and as to people who did get away scot-free with lying to the FBI, Andrew McCabe, formerly of the FBI, seems to fit the bill.
The DOJ IG found that Mr McCabe displayed a “lack of candor” to FBI and Justice Department officials about his role in some leaks, but the DOJ declined prosecution. He was proscuted neither for the leaks nor for lying about them.

What does that have to do with our discussion?

The question at hand is whether or not Flynn committed a crime. Apparently he thinks that he did, as he confessed to doing so. Whether McCabe committed a crime or not isn’t relevant to that fact.

Seriously: try to stick to the discussion at hand and keep the goalposts where they are.

By his actions, the judge agreed that the reasons to withdraw the case were legitimate.
Perhaps you would you prefer “accepted” that the reasons to withdraw the case were legitimate

I’ll accept either version of that if you’ll accept that neither version amounts to the judge saying, agreeing, or accepting that Flynn didn’t commit a crime. The judge didn’t say, agree with, or accept that, by his actions or otherwise. He merely accepted the withdrawal of charges. Surely you don’t believe that the only legitimate reason that charges can be withdrawn is the innocence of the accused, right?

If it were, that suggests a presumption of guilt.

S2K - this is where you declare victory over Black Swan, err… I mean, “guest”

2 Likes

whothewhatnow?

Justice for an American Patriot of the highest order. And now equal justice for those who engaged in Treason. What a time to be alive. #GodWins