For all the Brits out there

pants, noun: bottomly undergarments. pants, adj: of inferior quality

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It used to be that all Olympic medals were made of > silver and then plated. > > Anyway, I want to know about this expression > “pants” as in “Stalla is pants” or “FSA is pants”. > What’s with this? Makes perfect sense. I’d like to know about beef as in “What’s your beef?”

And “hill of beans” if you would. I imagine that an entire hill of soy beans would be quite valuable now.

I don’t know about beef, but we Americans have a long agrarian tradition starting with our enforced servitude to the Brits to keep them fat and happy. Thus, most Americans recognize that a “hill of beans” is not a piled up mound of beans, but a row of dirt from which beans grow. Thus, “It ain’t worth a hill of beans” is about the same as “It ain’t worth dirt”.

Happy days.

MehdiOchre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > null&nuller Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > can’t help on the british market 'tho - > shouldn’t > > you guys be practicing shot-put or synchronized > > diving or something for London 2012?? > > No way, not me… I’m not from over there. > > Freakshow, did you find a job? No! Nothing. About a million applications and nothing. At this rate I will be lucky to land a job in a taco stand.