For those who passed please tell us how much blank you left in AM

I didnt leave anything blank but wrote garbage in 15 points (6+6+3), and another 20 points where i am sure I would not get full credit.

Apart from that, i felt I absolutely nailed AM and my result matrix agrees to that. And on the garbage ones also i got some partial credits as I score more than 70% in two of those sections and 50-70% in the third.

30 points left blank in AM

got 3/4/3 in AM and 1/1/7 in PM

passed

Nothing was left blank - I had a rough answer in 2-3 sub- components.

I left nothing blank. Scored >70% in 5 topics and 50-70% in the other 5.

In my opinion, time management is so key. I went in with a plan to tackle my stronger areas first. So I looked at the contents page straight up and did my three strongest topics first. This helps to settle the nerves and also puts time in the bank for when I was going through the tougher topics.

I left nothing blank. Scored >70% in 5 topics and 50-70% in the other 5.

In my opinion, time management is so key. I went in with a plan to tackle my stronger areas first. So I looked at the contents page straight up and did my three strongest topics first. This helps to settle the nerves and also puts time in the bank for when I was going through the tougher topics.

left an entire question blank and 2 sub parts from another

Left maybe a subsection blank but knew for a fact that i wrote wrong answers for about 2 questions worth…and when I have <50% for some sections I’m sure I wrote right answers there so may be 49%

Left 3 subsections blank but still passed

AM: 5 / 3 / 2

PM: 1 / 4 / 5 (ethics)

if you had left anything blank on the paper, it shows you were spending too much time on questions which you were trying to figure out. i simply skimmed the ones which i knew were monkey wrenches and did the ones i knew first. the cfa exam questions are non-linked, as such, its far easier to move on as you didnt need to worry about answer relations.

i had about 90 minutes left to figure out the 8 marks which i didn’t know.

I left 3 questions in the last item set

I wrote something down for everything. A few questions were guesses. My approach was leaving it blank guarantees a zero, where as putting something you could luck out and get a partial mark. There was one question which topic I didn’t recognize at all (I studied solely by scheiwser, so could be why) but used common sense and guessing to answer it.

i finished 8/10 of the questions in FULL. the 2 that i didnt finish were worth a combined total of 38 points.

of those 38, i probably left 25 completely blank. i feel decent about my PM tho (45/60 or better)

am i screwed?

Guesstimating that the MPS for Level III is 62%… by leaving ~15% blank/unanswered on the exam, you’ll need to score quite well in the remainder to make it through. --> 62%/(100%-15%) = 73%

So if you got 75% in the PM, then you’ll have to score 71% in the AM to have a borderline chance. And if you scored 83% in the PM, then you’ll need to score about 63% in the AM. I wish you well, but don’t be surprised.

#sorry

I left nothing blank - I am guessing I got around a 60 on the AM (I payed to have AM mock graded by Daren Miller and got a 62).

In the PM. I got at least 50 percent one item set and at least 66% on the rest.

What do y’all think the odds of me passing are?

Whoever revived this post from 2017 to give us 2018 test-takers some solace, thank you.

fret not folks, usually af community bumps above its weight. like i said it’s better to write something you know about the topic rather than not

#54/46

This doesn’t make sense. If his PM score is 75, he needs a 50 on the AM (overall) to hit 62.5%. if he left 15% of AM blank then he needs 50/85 = 59% on the remaining to get there.