Formula Sheet in Exam?

Dude it’s not like it’s the mafia or something. Bring the formula sheet and tell them to mind their own business if someone in there gives you a hard time. It’s just an exam.

I just wrote the formulas I NEEDED to know on the exam admission ticket. One side is blank and it should be all you need in terms of a formula sheet. If you are looking to bring in more than that, I think you should evaluate your study plan again.

CFA Program Curriculum for 2008 Dec. Level 1 * Volume 1 / Reading 2 * Page 102 - Example 2 Just go read it… MS

just put all the formulas on your TI-83 graphing calc.

I think you are allowed to talk to your neighbor only if you are not speaking about the exam. So i suggest to sneak in a question or two that you dont know about the exam, nobody will ever find out!

Do the proctors check the inside of the calculators, i was planning on writing all the formulas there on a small piece of paper.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do the proctors check the inside of the > calculators, i was planning on writing all the > formulas there on a small piece of paper. They do.

Not behind the battery… HAHAHA screw you CFAI!!!

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Do the proctors check the inside of the > > calculators, i was planning on writing all the > > formulas there on a small piece of paper. > > > They do. Serious questions: 1) We are allowed to keep the ‘keystrokes guide’ from the BA II plus in the calculator, right? I saw this at the CFA website. I won’t write on it. 2) If I want to bring three calculators and keep one in BGN mode, can I write BGN on it in marker (or on a piece of tape?) How is this different if my name was Brian G. Noonan and my I wanted to write my initials on my calculator so no one steals my stuff?

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > wake2000 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Do the proctors check the inside of the > > > calculators, i was planning on writing all > the > > > formulas there on a small piece of paper. > > > > > > They do. > > Serious questions: > 1) We are allowed to keep the ‘keystrokes guide’ > from the BA II plus in the calculator, right? I > saw this at the CFA website. I won’t write on it. > 2) If I want to bring three calculators and keep > one in BGN mode, can I write BGN on it in marker > (or on a piece of tape?) How is this different if > my name was Brian G. Noonan and my I wanted to > write my initials on my calculator so no one > steals my stuff? 1. No, you can’t keep it in there and you shouldn’t need it. 2. You are allowed one calculator and a spare battery

Ok, I re-checked the FAQ and Bankin’ is mistaken. I just feel the proctors probably don’t know sh*t so I’ll be sure I don’t need the keystroke guides. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candidates.html##77 May I refer to the keystrokes printed on the cover of my calculator during the exam? Yes. Calculator covers are permitted in the testing room. The Texas Instruments BAII Plus cover contains a keystroke card; the Hewlett Packard 12C/12C Platinum has keystrokes printed on the back of the calculator. Candidates may refer to these keystroke instructions during the exam; however, you may not write notes or formulas on the calculator covers. View the calculator policy. May I bring an extra calculator to the exam? Yes. Candidates are allowed to bring more than one calculator to the exam. All calculators must be models authorized for the CFA exam. Calculators will be inspected by the proctors prior to the start and during the exam, and calculators must remain on the desk throughout the entire exam. View the calculator policy. Still does not answer my quesiton about markings on your calc.

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok, I re-checked the FAQ and Bankin’ is mistaken. > > I just feel the proctors probably don’t know sh*t > so I’ll be sure I don’t need the keystroke > guides. > > http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/faq/faqs_candi > dates.html##77 > May I refer to the keystrokes printed on the cover > of my calculator during the exam? > Yes. Calculator covers are permitted in the > testing room. The Texas Instruments BAII Plus > cover contains a keystroke card; the Hewlett > Packard 12C/12C Platinum has keystrokes printed on > the back of the calculator. Candidates may refer > to these keystroke instructions during the exam; > however, you may not write notes or formulas on > the calculator covers. View the calculator policy. > > > May I bring an extra calculator to the exam? > Yes. Candidates are allowed to bring more than one > calculator to the exam. All calculators must be > models authorized for the CFA exam. Calculators > will be inspected by the proctors prior to the > start and during the exam, and calculators must > remain on the desk throughout the entire exam. > View the calculator policy. > > Still does not answer my quesiton about markings > on your calc. Wow! I stand by my statement that you shouldn’t need that card, but knowing you can bring an extra calculator is a good thing.

> > Wow! I stand by my statement that you shouldn’t > need that card, but knowing you can bring an extra > calculator is a good thing. But the card is a piece of paper you can bring in to the room. I’ll bet you a beer that the proctors don’t know that rule. No way am I going to bring a screwdriver and batteries, I will bring in 2-3 calculators.

Buy me a beer then. At my test center each proctor at the front desk had a scan of everything you could bring in that was calculator related including all models and the pieces of paper. At my test center it was easy to cheat if you wanted. Let’s say you had a formula sheet. Fold it up, put it in your pocket, and then head to the bathroom during the test. Take out the formula sheet and look at anything you want. Put it back into your pocket and go back to the test. Of course I’m not suggesting this, and if you need a formula sheet you probably aren’t prepared, but it was possible to cheat at my test center pretty easily.