Forum Organization - Feedback Requested

Like the idea of tagging!

I like it the way it is, but adding tags would be great.

Can you please ban " AnalystForum " just for the time space paradox …always fun

lets upvote and downvote submissions like Reddit!

Can you add a gangstar subforum for NYCGorilla and his boyz

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lets upvote and downvote submissions like Reddit! That’s on the list. Also on the list of improvements is a points system, private messaging, and expanded user profiles with candidate level and country. Tagging will be supported so it sounds like that will be the best solution to categorizing the level-specific forums. Thanks for all of the great feedback. Chad

Thank you Chad

Chad is a Redditor?!

Do older posters get grandfathered into the rating system based upon number of posts? I think the rating system is a good idea because it provides some mild incentive to help others out and do a good job answering questions.

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > lets upvote and downvote submissions like > Reddit! > > > That’s on the list. Also on the list of > improvements is a points system, private > messaging, and expanded user profiles with > candidate level and country. > > Tagging will be supported so it sounds like that > will be the best solution to categorizing the > level-specific forums. > > Thanks for all of the great feedback. > > Chad I think these sound great. I’d be against a bunch of subforums.

Curriculum CFA Text vs other Study Providers Results ???

I feel like maybe in L1 breaking it out might work, but especially in L3, there is so much overlap and you need to tie stuff together that breaking up into these subsections would be a bad idea. It’d also be a ton of clicks and I personally like seeing the random post on something I wasn’t studying today like the human capital thread. i just gave it a read over and it was a nice quick review. i’m anti this new structure. the search button gets me to where i need to go if i need specifics and i’ve found that it’s solid. i do want private messaging though. that’d be super duper. oh, and a pass this june. that’d be nice too.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you add a gangstar subforum for NYCGorilla and > his boyz thommo, the correct vernacular is ‘gangsta’ and the ‘z’ in boyz is less commonly used today. As for feedback for Chad, I agree with McCleod’s opinion earlier regarding threads getting lost in the pile and incremental supporting justification from less thread volume than in the past. I’d vote to keep the current thread format under ‘CFA Level III’ as is.

The new site is progressing very nicely. The new forums will utilize tags so the thread creator can input keywords separated by commas which will then be searchable. This approach uses free tagging, which basically means any term can be used as a tag (ex. contango). I’m also looking to add a “filed under” tag that will be a bit more structured. For example, the topic creator would choose one of the 18 study sessions from a list to tag the thread to a specific study session. The challenge is that the list will need to be the same for all forum levels, so you will need to select Level I > Study Session 1 instead of just Study Session 1. The other approach would be to organize this structure by exam topic (ex. Level 1 > Ethics). Which of the following approaches would you prefer? Level 1 > Study Session 1 or Level 1 > Ethics Since there are 18 study session for each level, there will be 54 categories to choose from with the first approach. The list of categories will be more condensed under the second approach, probably around 30. A third option is to just use the free tagging input and come up with an agreed upon code for tagging where something like L1-SS1 means the thread is related to Level 1 > Study Session 1. Thanks for the feedback. Chad