FRA topic tests

Thanks Jaywill, going hard this time round. But let’s see. How’s L3 prep going? Easier/harder/ just different?

Hey mate, don’t get disheartened with the topic tests. Whilst many across the subjects are quite fair there are some which are awful. Try doing the accounting ones open book if it helps you. You will find there are lots of valuable questions in there especially with intercorporate investment analysis.

Thanks,

It s true that some we interesting, but still…

What do you do differently this time from last year ?

Many many many more questions. Many more mocks!

I would recommend ignoring the topic tests for FRA. I did one FRA topic test in 2016, and read through another. Both were way, I mean way, harder than the exam questions. If the whole CFA exam were as hard as the FRA topic test the pass rate would be much lower unless they dropped the MPS a lot.

I’d rather flood myself with the “harder than the real thing” questions so I can plow through the real thing

Sure, if you have a lot of time and are willing to make that sacrifice… From what I saw (Erikkson and another) the CFAI could not realistically expect people to get 2/3 of those questions right. No way. Of course if you can, you will pass. And if you did that well on all sections you wouldn’t just pass but your score would probably be in the top maybe 1 or 5 %. I personally made the judgment that time was better spent elsewhere. But I understand your caution. You don’t want to take this sucker again.

Thx Rex,

I also think that it is what makes the difference

EOC, TT and mocks

but not so easy to find good questions that help you to progress

it scare the crap out of me when i saw the date…didn’t realize its 2016 post.

btw, may I ask, how do the CFA TT compare with the real exam? FRA seems to be hard (i haven’t had the chance to start those), what about the other topics? Would you describe the TT as same level to the real exam, easiler or harder? Coz in the CFA description they say the TT are SHORTER and i supposed also mean it is easier than the real thing. Thanks for the feed back :)))

Yes other topics are good training and quite fair

When saying shorter I think the CFA wanted to say that it’s not 20 vignettes but rather few vignettes to work on to assess your knowledge, not a mock.

The TT are way longer than the real exam vignettes

i found that in TT i can get questions i just do not know how to answer lol. its like you have to get the question wrong and read the answer and memorize the method should the same type of questios pop up again. I just dont have enough time to do all the TT and Schweser mocks and CFAI mocks…Have done the schweser Volume 1 except 2 small topic.

my friend who is a cfa already said practice all the questions at least 3 times…

and where is the sense on practicing the same questions 3 times? If you are able to memorize all the CFA content, then after you have done and corrected the questions once, the second time you will already remember the answer or not?

Just my opinion…

i have done those topic test 4 times. you are right. some questions i already know the answer before doing the calculation. But the main point here is understanding, not memorizing right?

good for you man, you are going to complete the exam in 2 hours and walk out knowing you have killed it.

Btw, what about schweser mocks and CFAI mock, have you tried those as well?

yes, i did them 3 times so far. I’m going to do Schweser live Mock exam on May 20 as well. Has anyone register for it?

https://www.schweser.com/cfa/level-2/review-seminars/mock-exam?utm_source=MKT-003954&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CFA2017_Mock&utm_term=L2&utm_content=1MonthA