Freaking out

how does the free mock compare with those and with the real test?

@ JCM OK this is JUST MY OPINION: The free Elan mock is a tad easier than the rest of their mocks. I think their mocks are easy on Ethics, but more difficult on Econ, FI and FRA. It varies from person to person as some people are stronger in some areas, and also some use other study material so they’re not sued to these kind of questions. You might want to do a search on elan mocks or something like that to see what June Level I takers thought. Just curious here. What study materials have you used to prepare? I’m only asking because of some of the other questions that you’ve posted here where you have said you hadn’t come across profit constraints and weighted average collection period.

Do not freak out. I scored in the same region in the mocks and still managed to pass (>70% in all sections) with less than a week to the exam. What’s more important is how you utilize the time you have. Drill down on the weak areas and closely review the mocks + Schweser exams (or other prep bodies’ you may have used). I took notes of explanations, especially of questions I answered incorrectly, which came in handy as form of a refresher of testable concepts I was weak in. G’luck!

Drill practice problems in each of your weak subjects until you are comfortable with them. Know how to do Duponts and ROE and how that relates to the equity section and all it’s Dividen discount models (taking earnings, distributing dividends, growth, etc). Do every single challenging practice problem you can get a hold of and whether or not you get it right, make sure you go over the explanation until you do. On exam day if you are reasonably well prepared you will have lots of time. Don’t worry about that. I wouldn’t worry too much about your practice exam scores. I don’t think I ever passed a mock in level 1 or level 2. There will be a curve. Calculations are not gonna make or break you. Not understanding the material will. Memorizing everything is not the way to go. You need to memorize some stuff, but its way more important to understand, because somehow the cfai exam will look different than all the questions you’ve ever answered. Make sure you do plenty of ethics, they can throw curveballs there and you really want to pass that section. Finally, on exam day, don’t dispair if the morining doesn’t goes well. I’ve seen a dramatic difference between both sections in terms of difficulty. Go back in the afternoon even if you think the morning was sub 70%. So long as it wasn’t sub 50 percent (which you’d have to be completely unprepared to do) you might still have a chance.

@beathecfa jjajaajajajaja thanks for the help, when I ask these questions usually I have some idea of what it is, but I want to reinforce what I know and what I read with what you guys think, sometimes its easier for me to understand a concept by reading you guys opinion than reading it from the book, with the weighted average collection period, I couldnt remember where I saw it, and I couldnt find it in the index… by the way I am using Schewesser… I feel that it has been good, but I would like to try some of those Elan Mocks. Do you think it would be good to try one of thoses? I got 72 in the free one… @ JCM OK this is JUST MY OPINION: The free Elan mock is a tad easier than the rest of their mocks. I think their mocks are easy on Ethics, but more difficult on Econ, FI and FRA. It varies from person to person as some people are stronger in some areas, and also some use other study material so they’re not sued to these kind of questions. You might want to do a search on elan mocks or something like that to see what June Level I takers thought. Just curious here. What study materials have you used to prepare? I’m only asking because of some of the other questions that you’ve posted here where you have said you hadn’t come across profit constraints and weighted average collection period.

JCM im confused. when you say @JCM are you talking to yourself?

@ firehydrant1 : He’s quoting me @JCM: Yes I would

@beatthecfa any suggestions on which one of the three mocks offered should I purchase?

la Freak, Sa Cheak

I might have to skip the whole macro economics - its too much stuff. I am comfortable with the first 6-7 readings until factors of production. After that its a struggle because I postponed it forever and when I read it now its like WTF

JCM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Analyze_This do you mean the free mock??? I don’t think so. I purchased the study materials and then they emailed 2 mocks to me.

You guys will be fine as long as you realize WHY you got the questions wrong. I scored 60% on my first AM session of a practice test 1 week before the test and destroyed the actual exam when the time came. Just keep taking tests and LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

is there any sectional cut off?

ravinsu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- After that its a struggle > because I postponed it forever and when I read it > now its like WTF Tooo Funny. Are you using elan? their free book is the economics book. Download that and it will be 1/3 of the information from the regular books. Much easier to comprehend.

I am reading Elan Econ which is really good. I learned the first 7 readings from Elan + CFAI books and that went in fine. But it took me 2 weeks for that. So time is of essence. I would rather focus on my strong areas. Econ is not my strong area, I am hoping to kickass the questions on readings I already know on Econ and royally guessing the answers where they ask about what Greenspan thinks.

My weak areas are also Economics and Derivatives (I score around 50-60% on these sec). That’s about 15% of the exam, I have decided to focus on remainig sections FI, FRA, Q and ethics for the rest of the days.

Macroecon (as far as the CFA is concerned) is the easy stuff. The questions are not tricky at all and Elan does a very good job on it. Drop the CFAI TBs. It’ll take you 1-2 days tops to read through 50 pages. You seem to know the rest of the stuff really well gauging from your posts (no one wants to mess with questions about taxes!). Don’t miss out on easy macroecon points. ravinsu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am reading Elan Econ which is really good. > I learned the first 7 readings from Elan + CFAI > books and that went in fine. > But it took me 2 weeks for that. So time is of > essence. I would rather focus on my strong areas. > > Econ is not my strong area, I am hoping to kickass > the questions on readings I already know on Econ > and royally guessing the answers where they ask > about what Greenspan thinks.

@beatthecfa , thanks, I will try to squeeze in macro- definitely read once at least.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yea if you guys are well into the review phase, it > should be fine. If review is starting now, then it > would be time to really worry. Hi guys, I’m new here. This post has got me worried, just finished the materials and just started reviewing. Does this mean I have no way of passing?

It’s just someone’s opinion man. You’ll never know till you take some mocks. how’re you doing on those?