Freddie Mac Executive Found Dead

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i wonder if now is the time to buy my first > house. > > my tax lady persuaded me to get married and > also > > to buy a house to get my share of $8k. but the > > thing is that $8k is phased out for income over > > $75k, which i may or may not make. > > > i’m really hoping this is sarcasm. a possible > accounting fraud at a gse is the trigger to buy a > house? needhelp, come on… sarcasm intended. the thing about the phase out of $8k is true though. and its not a deduction. the govt will send you a check in the mail. how awesome.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > my tax lady persuaded me to get married Another great needhelp post. That’s how I plan to propose to my girlfriend. I will kneel down and say, “According to Barry, my tax guy, it would be fiscally prudent to take my hand in marriage. WIll you make Barry and I the happiest men alive?”

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > my tax lady persuaded me to get married > > Another great needhelp post. That’s how I plan to > propose to my girlfriend. I will kneel down and > say, “According to Barry, my tax guy, it would be > fiscally prudent to take my hand in marriage. > WIll you make Barry and I the happiest men alive?” True story. I was at HnR block and my tax lady basically starts on how there are so many benefits to being married. Unfortunately she wasnt attractive at all.

If you marry someone who makes less than you and you file a joint return you will see a definite tax benefit. I wonder if the freddie mac guy was gay cuz they didn’t mention his family? Are there such things as gay accountants? Or is that an oxymoron.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > my tax lady persuaded me to get married > > Another great needhelp post. That’s how I plan to > propose to my girlfriend. I will kneel down and > say, “According to Barry, my tax guy, it would be > fiscally prudent to take my hand in marriage. > WIll you make Barry and I the happiest men alive?” Will you make Barry and me… Sorry, just being a dick :wink:

Maybe this guy’s conscience got the better of him.

It turns out he was married and had a 5 year old daughter. I don’t think it’s conscience. I think he got a glimpse of the future and it scares him.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you marry someone who makes less than you and > you file a joint return you will see a definite > tax benefit. is this how western countries are tricking smart, money-making men into marrying and having kids? i wonder if any men would get married w/o the financial incentives…

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will you make Barry and me… > > > Sorry, just being a dick :wink: +1, was about to say the same thing.

Like my rabbi said about my bacon n’ mayo sandwich, “This ain’t kosher”.

Wadsworth did it with the rope in the study

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Like my rabbi said about my bacon n’ mayo > sandwich, “This ain’t kosher”. mmm. not kosher.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Will you make Barry and me… > > > > > > Sorry, just being a dick :wink: > > +1, was about to say the same thing. You giys must be a blast at parties.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > TheAliMan Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Will you make Barry and me… > > > > > > > > > Sorry, just being a dick :wink: > > > > +1, was about to say the same thing. > > You giys must be a blast at parties. thats a stretch - them getting invited to parties that is.

I don’t get invited to parties, parties get invited to me.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you marry someone who makes less than you and > you file a joint return you will see a definite > tax benefit. > > I wonder if the freddie mac guy was gay cuz they > didn’t mention his family? Are there such things > as gay accountants? Or is that an oxymoron. " Mr. Kellermann also was known for his humor. A colleague said he sometimes showed up at work in bow ties or loud plaid pants and liked to joke about his attire." Loud plaid pants = Gay http://gawker.com/5223327/freddie-mac-suicide-cfos-stressful-career

check out this comment from that article: Wait??? $850K? People are harassing him about $850K? I hope someone diggs up the names of those reporters because that is completely unjustified. He’s the CFO of a fucking Fortune 100. If he’s not getting an $850k bonus there should be some real questions. The guy only came on board in 2008, he has virtually no responsibility for the mess… wait, make that absolutely no responsibility for it and I think it’s some time for the populist rage that makes people like David commit suicide… he wore plaid pants for fuck sake! BAD GUYS DO NOT WEAR PLAID PANTS.

I disagreed with that comment. $800k is a whopper of a bonus and he worked at the company in various hands-on, high up capacities for 16 years. I’d say he DOES NOT deserve a bonus. As far as the company being a fortune 100 company… the company is bankrupt, taken over by the gov’t, etc. It is a failure. I don’t know how you define fortune 100 but taking a $50 stock down to 80 cents and having the gov’t take over is pathetic. No employee deserves a bonus in that situation.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I disagreed with that comment. $800k is a whopper > of a bonus and he worked at the company in various > hands-on, high up capacities for 16 years. I’d > say he DOES NOT deserve a bonus. As far as the > company being a fortune 100 company… the company > is bankrupt, taken over by the gov’t, etc. It is > a failure. I don’t know how you define fortune > 100 but taking a $50 stock down to 80 cents and > having the gov’t take over is pathetic. No > employee deserves a bonus in that situation. I think the comment was sarcastic.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I disagreed with that comment. $800k is a whopper > of a bonus and he worked at the company in various > hands-on, high up capacities for 16 years. I’d > say he DOES NOT deserve a bonus. As far as the > company being a fortune 100 company… the company > is bankrupt, taken over by the gov’t, etc. It is > a failure. I don’t know how you define fortune > 100 but taking a $50 stock down to 80 cents and > having the gov’t take over is pathetic. No > employee deserves a bonus in that situation. For the last time people: Bonus in financial companies <> Bonus in operating companies. Bonus in operating companies = compensation for good performance beyond base pay Bonus in financial companies = lump payment which represents a large % of total comp. Structured in this manner due to tax code. Why is this so difficult for people to understand?