FRM 2008

You can see the video here http://www.schweser.com/frm.php over to the right, where it says Free Webcast Overview Webcast for the 2008 FRM Exam

I watched it. It’s “just” an introduction (percentage breakdown of the different areas, some study tips re multiple choice, brief overview of what the different areas are about).

Maybe this additional comment should be in the Hook Up section, but do any of you have a blog where you write about your FRM studying efforts by any chance? (I’ve seen some blogs out there on various people’s CFA studying efforts.)

This is my FRM blog, lol. If I wrote a blog about FRM, CFA, etc., it would be: “Today I worked/studied hard until I got tired…then I studied a bit more. I plan on waking up tomorrow and doing the same thing after I take care of the other things in my life.”

OK. Maybe I wont ask you Kev to write a blog, then. But, I’ve actually seen some pretty good ones out there. It can sometimes be inspiring to read them (yes, that’s what I wrote) and when I wrote this question I was especially thinking of three particular “CFA”-blogs that weren’t all that bad actually.

BostonKev, will you pursue CPA? btw, frank fabozzi has PhD, CFA and CPA

No, not in the next two years since: 1. it will add marginal value to what I’m pursuing now 2. I do not have time I might do it (or more likely simply buy Schweser and complete that without taking the test) to satisfy my intellectual curiosity and to have a more complete knowledge base…since the amount I’m lacking in knowledge always bothers/pains me continually/deeply.

*it will add a “small” marginal value “relative” to what I’m pursuing now

OK, I see BostonKev, one of my classmates is in principal strategies in one of the bulge bracket banks and says that CPA is a big deal… Quick question: using last year FRM schweser notes book 3 can not understand “Credit risk mngt old exam questions”, question # 34 where from they got 200$ mil to calculate cost of funds? thanks for any help.