FRM Exam Advice for Saturday

Bump & Good Luck

+1

Any particular advice for Part II candidates ? I passed level 1 in first attempt 1113 but i m really nervous this time around dont really know why. done with practice questions n all scored almost 55% + in all should i worried ?

You do not need to worry you will get through as you got through level 1 !!!

Bump & Good Luck on Saturday, guys

I started to panic just reading about the carbon copy system! :slight_smile: Have a question: are you given some time to go through introduction first or is this already part of the exam dedicated time?

Some luck would help, yeah :slight_smile:

Good luck all!!!

There’s a bit of time but show up early. I witnessed someone getting kicked out and not allowed to take the exam because they were late.

Hey how was the exam guys?

For me the questions were very difficult, especially the theory part. Lots of guessing involved. After two hours I saw that I could only complete around 34 question. I sped up after that but still could not complete last 15 questions. Got completely owned by GARP. Did many silly mistakes also.

It seems like I screwed up the exam. After so much prep I could not deliver. :frowning:

Last time for part 1… I was able to say that exam was not difficult my preparation was lower than expectation. This time for part 2 it was like I was asking to myself which preparation material cater these types of questions? I did not prep my self with Bionic turtle was that a reason? Salute to GARP for constructing such a difficult pattern. I am impressed although I did not do well.

Good luck to everyone

So would you say part 2 is harder than part 1? Took part 1 last November and found it surprisingly easy…taking part 2 this coming November.

Which provider did you prep with? I think I’ll go Bionic Turtle again as they were so helpful for part 1.

Part 1 was completely within Schweser range. For Part 2 I noticed about 30-40% were beyond Schweser and 20-25% questions were extremely difficult. In Nov 2015 I was uncomfortable of passing but I knew that exam was not difficult. This time for part 2, I will say exam was difficult. I studied this time from Schweser as I did before. I am confident with topics, the only thing is that I was not prepared with question strategy of GARP. GARP practice exam was also not good representer of yesterdays exam. I would say difficulty was about 1.5 to 2 level higher.

S666, you should definitely use BT again. I had both and didn’t really understand what was going on until i started the BT practice questions. Not sure if I started using them early enough, so we will see.

I do have better post-exam expectations than I did after leaving the PArt 1 exam. I finished this exam, and did not actually finish Part 1 whehn I wrote it.

dwheats, so you mean to say that BT was representing exam difficulty better?

This times Part I was way above schweser. I practised from schweser and Jorion handbook. Schweser was beginners mode while the real exam was God Level.

So I guess this time they made both the keveks very difficult.

Cheers for the heads up…looks like I’ll be using BT again. Worked well for L1 so hoping same for L2.

Also, keep in mind that this exam was much more qualitative.

I would say so.

General feedback across is that, the exam was very difficult for both the levels. I guess for part 1 cut-off should be 45-50% and for part 2 between 40%-45%…Lower cut off will not be surprise.

With this GARP should do a small justice with exam writers that the difficulty of practice exams should be matched with the real exam.