FRM now a 2 exam designation - what do you think?

i would like to know whether anyone has seen any job descriptions asking for FRM or PRM designations.

They should probably make it a 10 exam program with criminal background checks as a requirement to get the designation. Risk Management took a huge huge hit in credibility with this whole fiasco. Willy

This is a very helpful thread. thank you.

What are you wearing today?

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They should probably make it a 10 exam program > with criminal background checks as a requirement > to get the designation. Risk Management took a > huge huge hit in credibility with this whole > fiasco. > > Willy +1

Well its clearly a money making scheme. It isn’t because of todays economic situation. They can’t test everything in one sitting so they will cover everything in two exams. The PRM is what the quantitative guys go for. As you are already working with models which are included. FRM doesn’t provide this ‘applied’ approach.

Well, what one shouldn’t do when posting is to click on “post message” several times out of frustration when the page isn’t reloading as quickly as one had hoped… :slight_smile:

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i would like to know whether anyone has seen any > job descriptions asking for FRM or PRM > designations. yes

Never, the PRM…but the FRM is the new CFA…crap move to make it two exams…and they raised the fees for everything! I should have studied more this year and passed (I was burned out from CFA L3, hurricanes, and the financial crisis). I bet they make the full exam hard as hell this year and nobody will pass it. Then those people will have to not only retake the exam, but take two other exams… Bastards…I think I may be done with this BS designation.

There are many job openings seeking people with the FRM and PRM designation. It’s important to know where to look though. This discussion lists the frequency of employment listings by designation and job site: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,679271,679271#msg-679271