FRM Part 2 Exam Results

Same. Passed. Please post study sources used for the exam for other FRM takers down the road.

For the ones who use Bionic Turtle, is the note good enough for FRM Level II?

Hi Guys!

Congrats to all who passed FRM Part II. Victory inherits to braves!

I was unlucky this time.

Guys, I have a small doubt.

I have checked there is change in Quartile reference appearing in performance analysis. Earlier the highest Quartile position was used to start from right side of bell curves basically, the shaded portion use to appear on right. This time they are referring best side from left.

Why is it so?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/3baa15c2-652d-40ff-bdac-4c53e2d21df7-151114104351-lva1-app6891/95/frm-ii-performanceanalysis-1-638.jpg?cb=1447497850

Check here how it use to be earlier.

Similarly it was referred in Nov 2015 exam. I have PDF file which I have downloaded.

Why such change?

Now if you refer the performance analysis portion they simply changed the shaded portion to left side (for top quartile). Please if someone can explain this to me?

Nice one mate, well done!! ;)…dwheats FRM

Passed with 11111, first attempt. Used Schweser only to study for part II. Didn’t bother buying the GARP manuals. Completed every Schweser QBank question, 2 Schweser practice exams, Schweser mock exam (really easy) and the GARP exam in the weeks prior to the exam.

I know schweser sometimes gets bad press on here but in my experience it is enough to clear both exams. In saying that I had a terrible feeling leaving the Part II exam - the nature, length and difficulty of some of the questions was like nothing I had ever seen before.

Well done! Interesting to hear that. I scored 1,2,1,2 on P1 and felt better coming out of this one where I scored nearly the same: 2,1,2,1,1. This time I finished the exam and left 30 min early. P1 I didn’t even get to finish the exam…

Hahah thanks! I think it’s going to be a breeze for you. Will you take in November '16?

I bought the BT notes, and was a little frightened by them at first because they are short form notes, and I find they don’t “tell the story” like schweser does. So I read the Schweser books, and then I used the BT practice questions to prepare more throughly for the exam.

Hope this helps.

They must have retroactively changed the P1 results, because my P1 results and P2 results use a similar convention.

Read Schweser notes once, didn’t do any practice exams. I thought I failed but I passed, probably thanks to CFA and work experience.

Hi Dwheats, As per my understanding representing anything on left side of tail is considered worst. I am unable to understand this convention. They are presenting best candidates from decades into right side hence sudden change is quite surprosing. This seems to be an error if not then they must explain it how?

I’m glad I passed part 1. How much harder is part 2?

If or not, why and how?

Thanks!

Just thought I’d mention it - if you can’t handle the presentation of results and quartiles changing from one side to the other, and back, etc., you may have a hard time working in risk management.

Dear Bujay,

I agree this is looking stupid to you even I didn’t want to look stupid but sometimes its good to ask some stupid questions wink. Believe me we have received performance analysis in PDF format which clearly suggested right side the best quartile which is Qaurtile 1 it was similar to like this one:

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/3baa15c2-652d-40ff-bdac-4c53e2d21df7-151114104351-lva1-app6891/95/frm-ii-performanceanalysis-1-638.jpg?cb=1447497850

Now I request S666 and Dwheats to confirm the right side was better. Basic principle in Risk management is Left Tail is only thing we are concerned for. Not Right tail…

But when it comes to scores always right side which GARP has appreaciated in last 10 years. Sudden change is quite surprising.

Warm regards.

When u see “coming soon” its like a film but exam test centres are also “Coming soon” for several months in the website

@Anandmishra,

I am not sure whether you should be having and sharing Matteo’s Massardi’s breakup of Quantiles.

That is upto GARP to look into wink.J/K.

Is that a result or an illustration on Slideshare page?

The page says the print was taken on 23/06/2015.

I passed Part II exam conducted in Nov 2015,that’s after Mr Matteo’s “result.”

And the manner of presentation of results are,indeed different.Why?Ask GARP.

They,and only they,will be in a position to give you authentic reply,if them deem it fit to.

And good luck for your next attempt.

Dear… I already registered myself for next attempt cool

I already emailed to GARP and they did reply and in counter I provided reference of my own Performance Analysis of Nov 2015 just I want to keep that coversation confidential hence I will share it here till final verdict come from GARP.

See either left side is best or right side is best. Both cant be true.

Basic principle of Risk analysis says only left tail is analysed…left tail contains worst outcomes.

I cant share my performance analysis of Nov 2015 since GARP ID is confidential. But the link of performance analysis of Massardi’s is good enough to share.

I have always understood negative outcomes to be represented by the left hand tail and positive outcomes represented by the right hand tail…for example, if you have a derivatives contract which has positive value, the right hand tail represents the potential loss from the counterparty defaulting.

Interesting that GARP are representing positive outcomes with the left hand tail. I guess as long as the axes are labelled then technically there is no problem…but yeah, it kinda goes against the standard.