FSA no finance/accting background

I am an engineer taking CFA in June. I was wondering how much accounting should I focus on for the level 1 exam ?

FSA is by far the most important part of the Level I exam. Know the FSA stuff inside/out

i bring it to dinner with me, read it on the bus, sleep with it beside my bed just in case i have 15 minutes of insomnia that can be used for studying it. and i have a business background to start with! in the dec 07 exam, fsa was worth about 30%

I major in accounting and finance in my under grad and have been working as accountant for the past 2 years, producing financial statement on weekly basis and i’m struggling big time with FSA

I agree. FSA is no joke. I failed Level 1 in December. I went to a pretty respectable school for my undergrad. I think our business school is ranked in the top 40. I was a Finance major that was required to take introductory and managerial accounting, both of which I got As in (introductory I actually had an average greater than 100 with extra credit work). The FSA isn’t as difficult for me to understand as it is to remember. I would invest heavily in FSA and Ethics. I am for the second time around.

I am an ACA and i think you may keep refer books along if u dont have any background …as at few places u may find schweser inadequate to understd some concepts… Overall u need not worry …You are hardly any less than at level playing field with people from finance background… keep revising and practicing FSA (also coz it has lotta weightage)… best of luck mate.

ucla_engineer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am an engineer taking CFA in June. I was > wondering how much accounting should I focus on > for the level 1 exam ? It really just depends on what you want to do in December.

Please bear with me if this is a 1000th incidence of this post - Is ‘only’ Schweser good enough for Level 1, esp the FSA part? After doing 1.5 FSA sessions from Schweser, a glance into the ICAI material scared me more than anything else! My only question is not whether it is understandable, I want to know if it is complete and adequate!!! Is there anyone else with a similar feeling? Do I have to go thru ICAI as well? If yes, which sections ?