FULL SIZE SUV! Mah sista thinking of getting traverse. THOTS!

its definitely a lot. and i would guess prolly higher than yours combined since you have to point it out.

^For once, I agree with Nerdy.

$250-350k is a lot anywhere in the country.

250k-300k will put you in the 98th percentile…Yes, it is a lot of money anywhere in the country.

Some kids and/or people might say pfff that is chump change after I get my CFA…So I ask them, “have you ever been in the 98th percentile at anything in your state? how about in your college?” It ain’t easy but very doable. You just gotta land a front office job at a hedge fund in major cities like NY or LA or Chicago or SF or simply go to a med school.

It seems that that range would be quite below average if you worked at some hedge fund in NY and you have more than like 4 years experience… Although from what I am told here, my frame of reference is not always aligned with others.

I mean, I can tell you from experience you can hit that range pretty easily working at an insurance company which is hardly the pinnacle of finance. And he’s talking household combined… Image result for peanut monocle

financial education should be a required class in every high school

Benz or Beamer or hacksaw

5k per square foot? That would put a 2bd 1200 sqft apt at 6 million – sounds very high even for NYC. I’ve seen nice 1brs with 700 sqft in the low million range, even at 1.4 million, that’s only 2k per foot.

Yes, if you are a research analyst at either a hedge fund or PE fund in NYC, $250k comes in quick BUT that is gross of course…Talking from experience…base will be around 120 to 150 but bonus from ok to good year (key here is your fund made the new high water mark for that incentive fee to kick in) can be $300k for 2nd or 3rd year analysts at the fund.

On stellar years like we have seen these past several years, analysts my age (31 years old) with +6 years in experience is either senior analyst or director level…Take home 150-200k base with bonus +$400k. I am talking about small to mid sized funds in NYC and talking from my experience and my fellow friends.

C level execs like CFO and COO make about the same or equal to my level.

Or you can go to med school and open up a dinky little clinic in Scarsdale and work 25 hours a week and have 2 other doctors on call and take home a million a year…

Come to UWS on Central Park West or Columbus Aven…2 blocks from where I live is 15 CPW where apartments go for $9,000 a foot. They currently have a 3000 sq ft apartment for $29M. They also have a 2 bedrooom for $8.5M in the same building.

This is a very strange conversation.

BS: “Since when is $300k a lot of money?”

Greenie: “$300k is a lot anywhere in the country”

Infinity: “Yep. That puts you in the 98th percentile.”

Ohai: “Yeah, but if you’re a top hedge fund manager (99.999th percentile), then being 98th percentile would be sub-par.”

BS: “Yeah. Just working at an insurance company (what a hacksaw job) should get you $300k. I know this by experience.”

See, this is what it’s all about. Insecure finance dweebs arguing about what a lot of money is. Thank goodness nobody is trolling Alex Jones, or this quality content would never exist.

#MAFGA

lol great summary greenie. but honestly i think its just bs competitive nature. which is why he blows up a lot and start shouting ridiculous shit.

Yeah, it was just a funny sequence.

“$300k per year is a lot of money.”

“Not for people who normally make $1m per year!!!”

Tell your sis to get the new rolls royce suv or hacksaw

that looks ugly - not that i can or will get one if it was pretty.

I like Betayga. They look badass. Now that we are away from the city, we need a second car…Have a Land Cruiser…so a Chevy Volt?