Game of Thrones

^Haha that made me want to watch the series now. I only read the first two or three books but that I can still see that making a lot of sense.

How much is HBO per month? [sorry being lazy] I don’t really like watching TV so I’m debating whether to get HBO for a few months to binge watch and then cancel before starting L2 again… ><

HBO Now is $15/month with 30 day free trial.

Book 4 and 5 were 3/5 stars at best imho

Book 5 was awesome, 4 was boring.

Finished watching Season 1 last night and have to admit that I was not expecting several of the major plot “twists”. I can’t wait to get started on Season 2, but the Mrs. is still on episode 8 so I’ll have to wait and let her get caught up. I’m only about 100 pages into the book though, so that will give me time to get further along there.

This post is horrible.

The books are absolutely worth reading. They’re fantastic.

the barbarians buttocks, Season 1, is hawt!!

WTF, episode 9, season 1. My heart is torn inside my chest then they end with a doozy in episode 10. Best quote from season 1 "If you want to f painted whores, then f painted whores

^ Yeah… I was so angry that I stood up and threw something at the TV. It must be a great series to evoke such emotion.

http://deadsp.in/4DzrR7w

Spoilers, so I’m not reading it. Please don’t spoil it Palantir.

Theres tits, wieners, dragons burning some stuff and did I mention tits? Also, the midget guy dies.

You know nothing.

Awwww yeaaaaah.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpaJzH7Ijyg]

Where is Book 7???

Heck, where is book 6?

Where did Palantir go?

He’s frankybarnes now.

OK. Two episodes to go.

Still wondering why everybody’s hatin’ on the way that it ends. So far, I don’t have a problem with the writing or story. But maybe I’ll change my mind after I watch the last two episodes.

Edit - I talked to one of the guys at church about it, and he didn’t like it because he says Dany goes from a good queen prospect to being a power-mad, horrible btch in just a couple of episodes. He says that she should have had a slower descent into insanity, like Walter White.

I disagree. From what I’ve seen, she’s been a power-mad, crazy, evil btch since Season 2. Being on the throne is the only thing she’s ever really cared about. Sure, she did some “nice” things, like freeing the slaves and saving the world from the White Walkers. But the minute that somebody threatens her “queen” status, she goes crazy.

from a historical perspective its actually pretty common to sack cities of people who resist. it fulfills multiple goals:

1. annihilates your enemy and those who resist

2. serves as a warning to people who resist

3. reward your army by allowing them to pillage the booty. thats a pun!

its almost standard procedure back in the day. nowadays you cant just loot and do as you please cuz you’ll be tried for war crimes.

in fact a commander had a hard time holding his people back since the army saw it as their right. plus they were prolly so pissed at the siege that they just want to inflict pain. thought enslaving a population was usually more profitable!