General advice for Quants

Hi All,

I need some guidance on how can I improve my Quants preparation. I do not have a backup in mathematics so I am feeling Quants section somewhat challenging. I am trying to understand the LOS by watching videos and then solving questions, but when I try to solve it again after few days I just don’t recall it.
Any advice would be much appreciated on how can I study effectively study without watching videos again and again.

You could try going through an AP Statistics preparation book. They tend to be shorter and more concise compared to actual Statistics books* (though they are definitely great as well) and have practice questions for the AP statistics exam. Examples include Princeton Review and Barron’s. The latter is said to have more “advanced” practice questions. Definitely check and see which topics are needed for your CFA exam.

If you want to practice a lot of Statistics problems, Barron’s AP Q&A Statistics is a great option. It has 600 questions on Statistics sorted by topic, and is relatively compact in size.

• my Statistics book has a little over 700 pages worth of content, while the Princeton’s have a little less than 400 not counting the practice exams.

as a side note, there are going to be massive changes to the syllabus for the exams in 2022. This includes removing all statistics theory and replacing them with basic topics from data science.