Get rich investing

no mate, thanks for the detail. I’ve heard of a 10-bagger, but never a "“10-banger”. Either would do me right now… Is this like the aussie phrase “I’ll give you a tingle”, bastardised from “I’ll give you a tinkle” (place a phone call - old rotary dial phones make a tinkle sound)

maybe it is “10-bagger” (refers to rising 10-fold in 10 years) - we’re a bit slow out in the colonies… I’ll give you a tingle ‘bout it, ya ol’ POM

Well I’m in Brisvegas this jan, so if you fancy a schooner of drambuie, let me know. Ya convict.

give me a call if you are in sydney - ph: 0407-908-003 (if calling from in Aust) - you can’t come all the way out here and stay in Brisbane!!

Cheers mate. I’m also off up to hamilton island for a bit. And gympie. Maybe noosa. I’ll stick that number in my phone though and give it a tingle if I make it down there.

That’s where I’d seen Fortescue recently: http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2008/09/03/15582/harbingers-accidental-shorts/

yes harbinger is the only big player to have supported the co - none of the big insto’s would touch it because of twiggy’s history. Even now it gets very little broker coverage, and virtually no funds own it (even tho it’s a top 20 stock on market cap). So Harbinger have made a fortune (maybe up $5bil) so now they have been sprung stock lending to short sellers. Why any long holder would want to collect maybe 2 or 3 bp for lending to short-sellers is beyond me - but if they’re $5b up I guess they figure they can afford to lose a couple of bil and still be ahead - strange logic…anyway I sold down a good chunk last year but still hold a fair bit.

Chris. A tinkle? I think we use that over here as another way to describe ‘taking a piss’ Null thanks for the detail. Its good stuff. I heard the guy was a bit sus but not the details. Agree about BHP & RIO. On the topic of MND another star over the last few years has been MIN, strong ratios/growth, though your probably across this one also!