Getting an MBA & CFA simultaneously.

I’m currently working full-time in the BO going for my MBA part-time and was contemplating doing the CFA also. My undergrad and grad background is Investments and Corporate Finance so Level 1 wouldn’t be too bad as you say. During the year I usually get stressed out a couple of times each semester with the work/school workload at times so for me the CFA would be an additional burden. Saying that I would say I have a pretty fun social life (go out a couple night a week) so a good work/school/life balance is key for me. When I graduate next year i think i’ll worry more about the CFA if at all. So is it do able? Of Course man. Would the girl seem neglected at times? Probably . In my eyes keeping the life balanced keeps me sain.

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "I’ll re-access the situation in July and decide > if pursuing a level 2 in December is feasible and > if not I’ll concentrate on my MBA degree. " > > I didn’t know one could pass the first Level six > months in advance. By the way, I believe Level 2 > can only be written in June. OOps pardon my blunder. Please substitute ‘December’ with June 2009.

Remember, approximately 34% pass Level 1. I wouldn’t assume that Level 1 is in the bag just yet…

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Remember, approximately 34% pass Level 1. I > wouldn’t assume that Level 1 is in the bag just > yet… You’re right! I am not taking this for granted, i’m being a bull :wink:

Hey Everyone, I know this is a ten year old thread…I wanted to see if anyone actually completed the CFA and their Master’s Degree at the same time. I am planning on doing this soon and was interested to see if anyone was able to follow through. Thank you for your time

I wrote and passed LI just before going back to college. While there, I passed LII, but had a rough time trying to balance course work and LIII. It wasn’t until after I graduated that I finally passed it

I think L1 is manageable as long as you have an accounting background. I did the same and my ex-girl friend did the same.