GMAT average 720 2nd tier school

Yes. I totally agree with you.

It’s hard to keep up with uncertainty.

I must reduce it to the minimum state.

I have to think and measure risk and reward …

Hi.

Which aspects do you think are the most relevant of this programme? Appart from the 0" tuition fee.? I mean the features you could highlight from the Master?

I have to put all in a balance.

Thanks

It’s pretty weird to be pursuing a finance career without a capitalist mentality. Anyway, 2 years of your life is really expensive. You will lose not only time, but wages and promotion opportunity. How much does that cost? $200k? $500k?

wuut? you tell me

I think it’s prudent and smart to not only look at the tangibles but also the intangibles…Sometimes it is the intangibles that have a far greater impact.

If you go full time route, sure you’ll spend $200k a year in tuition and forgo 2 years’ worth of salary…And the benefit is not some $500k a year job but probably a mere 20% bump from your last salary 2 years ago which equates to maybe one promotion…

BUT it is the intangibles you must look at…You only live once and while doing your MBA, you will never know what you will learn, new perspectives you will achieve, and meet some of the brightest people that you will carry on together long after grad school. The new friends, networks, professors you will meet during your full time MBA is the single best asset - intangible asset. You never know where and how successful those people would be down the road…That leads to even more contacts, potential jobs, etc.

I am doing EMBA at Columbia…Tangible wise it is very dumb thing to do…But I cannot believe the diversity in my class…Not only diversity in race and ethnicity but also experience, thought process and intelligence. New friends, new circle of friends, new network, etc is the real value to MBA - not just the $$$ you can quantify in excel.

Because sometimes you get what you pay for

Thanks guys for all your views.

Really appreciate it