God Dam Finance

“a huge strain on his resources”-what the heck was that to mean exactly?!?!Isn’t taking care of the clients and gaining their trust the key to making them puke gold coins for you? Seriously, if they don’t trust you, would they give the business to you

sounds to me that they found someone they liked better. I wouldn’t think too far into it.

jalmy8, Turned the job down because it was the first job offer I had after grad school. I didn’t want to repeat the mistake of accepting the first job offer I got after undergrad. Just wanted to see what else was out there. Well time will tell, but the CFA study time did play a role in my decision making.

So you moved to NY without a job, hoping for an internship, and then declined a debt trading position at a hedge fund? Now your a broker making cold calls? I guess my question is…what do you want to do in finance?

Sorry for the delayed response Jalmy. I’d like to be a money manager/investment strategist.

Hey guys, What a weekend. I finally decided on moving away from the Good Ol’ US of A. Now the conspiracists tell me the opportunities for CFA candidates are far greater in the Middle East, Asia and the Pacific rim. Anyone know of good websites for job postings, job information, recruiters or anything relevant on moving there and such. You help will be highly appreciated. Cheers and happy P’dents day.

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > one thing I have noticed, is that at least 75% of > this board’s regular contributors are not working > in ER, AM or Ibanking even. But rather, BO, DB, > retail the list goes on, and trying to break in. > > It’s really quite depressing, is it because of > the market or what? I really have no clue how > people got into the field in the first place, not > everyone went to Harvard or Yale~! > > I’m actually get pretty sick of this my self, you > spend alot of time applying to good jobs and get > s***. No one looks at you because you don’t have > experience, you don’t have experience because no > one will hire you in the first place to get that > exp. It’s a viscous and disturbing cycle. > > Sorry for thread jacking with a bit of my own > rant. Absolutely agreed. I graduated with a cum laude last Dec, cleared my CFA but sh** I can’t get my dream job because I have 0 experience! Darn. I do agree that everyone has to start somehow right? If you are not givign me the chance to gain the ER/AM experience, how the eff am I supposed to get it? Geez, and I thought that situation was unique only to Singapore (that’s where I come from… :frowning: ) Damn, I shudder at the thought that I might have to start off in an operations role, though I am hopign that I do get my credit analyst/ fixed income research job at a lesser known bank and then gain the relevant experience instead of doing some crap operations job at barclays Hi the situation is no different in India , i am workin in AM with a Big Firm…but doing MIS reporting. Add to my injuries i am already an ACA by profession… No one wants to take freshers…i hope CFA level 1 will change things in my favour… I hate my job too…