Good books/courses on equity valuation modelling

You should work in sales dude. A 100% garbage post referencing nothing.

Okay but I don’t work in sales, I work in modeling.

What would it reference Blake? LOL did you build the model on party A side?

I don’t understand your gibberish. You work in South Korea and have bragged about ripping off your employer for tens of thousand of dollars. What is “modeling?” Are you a quant or a middle office risk manager or “analyst or associate”? When you deceived your current employer, were you on the buy or sell side? What does “party A side” mean?

These are all topics we need to understand to help you.

Jezus dude, have a drink or do a meditation or something.

So you are mad about something unrelated to the topic and posting gibberish. Perhaps some “anti-everyone not in the USA” hate too right? Perhaps you live in Texas or somewhere? Thanks for your kind offering of help, that is so nice of you.

Modeling refers to analyzing stuff in a way that helps with the decision making. Example: some guys are going to loan you $3B, do you proceed with the deal or not? That $3B comes with strings attached, of course. Are you just going to flip a coin Blake? LOL. Does that help answer your question? We need models. When you create a model you are essentially trying to model reality and run different scenarios, but since reality is too complex, we make assumptions and build a simplified model of reality. Right?

Party A is the investor and party B is the firm receiving the investment. Party B needs to pay a (hopefully) awesome rate of return. Come on, I did lay this out and tried to keep it simple. Was it not simple enough?? I just found it amazing an investor this known had crap models on their side. You don’t need to go to the white board and sketch it out.

Maybe you should “Live. Laugh. Love” as your cute little signature reads. [idea]

Again, the problem I have observed with most models over many years doing this, and being flown around the world to provide this service on important deals; is that they suck. There is an attempt to make things fancy to dazzle the boss, but when someone who can think pokes around and questions the logic…they just don’t make sense. So to someone looking at aquire some useful skills, it’s an opportunity, if you can build models that make sense.

Thanks for offering your gibberish. You have no idea what you are talking about. Back in mom’s basement.

Hey, sorry to interrupt but can I ask you if someone has any input on Wall Street Training self study pack? I am wondering why does not anyone here ever mention it. Is it because its quality is lower or something?

purealpha, don’t be an AF rookie and jump on Blake’s hand grenades. Just ignore and move on.

I completely agree with you here Numi, and I do intend to learn through actually doing this myself rather than watching a video.

I just wanted to know what others used as a starting point to help them get going.