Good news, bad news

Did they give you two weeks at least? I took a contract employee position for my first job when I graduated college for a defense contractor. And when things began to slow down, they canned me with no notice, no managers present, no reason no anything, HR guy just came down and essentially told me time was up, I had to pack my stuff into a box. He said he even asked if they had any reasons and they didn’t give him any. It was a good lesson early on for me regarding how fickle employers can be and it’s shaped my career path since.

Edmund… I’ve been running short - term fixed income mutual funds and separate accounts in and around New York City for the past fifteen years. Black… yep… that’s called “employment at will” (which is NY State’s basic employment rule). Unless you’re a protected class, you can be fired for just about anything or nothing at all. And even if you are a protected class (which I am most certainly not) it’s an uphill battle to prove anything. But no worries… it’s sufficient to say that my “package” won’t leave me short on the cable bill for a couple months.

Hang in there plyon…Life Goes On… Keep your fingers crossed…and your books under your pillow when you sleep at night :slight_smile: Kill L2…and you’ll be laughing back at this soon enough…

That sucks Plyon…oh the ways of the Street. Was it Enhanced Cash? … alot of guys getting cut in that space…I’m sure you’ll find something quick…Good Luck.

Just heard the bad news… you will definitely earn high marks on all sections like you did on level 1… good luck on your job search.

cfabermy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That sucks Plyon…oh the ways of the Street. > Was it Enhanced Cash? … alot of guys getting cut > in that space…I’m sure you’ll find something > quick…Good Luck. Some was enhanced cash, but mostly 2a7 money market funds. Had to skip my Schweser class tonight because I’m scrambling to close on a house this Friday or I’ll lose my 10% (did I mention that?). This is getting interesting. Gotta say, I am back on track to hit highs on all levels at this point. Lotta work between now and then, but I do have the time finally. I’ve not been posting as much this year because frankly work has been insane. I’ve been getting into the office before 6AM (which means up at 4 AM) and pushing hard all day and often not even seeing my son at night. Studying until 11 PM and repeat. Brutal. The sense of relief is a big off-set to the stress of losing my job. It gets pretty old defending over and over again why you lent $xxmm to Bear Stearns / Lehman / xxx Company last year.

Plyon, Like everyone else, I’m sorry about your job, but you certainly have a good spirit and that is “priceless”. Your talent is upthere and should have no problem landing a new gig, it’ll just be a matter of time. Be patient. As someone else mentioned before, life goes on and you’re on to better and bigger things. On to CFA stuff - now you’ll be able to repeat your L1 saga and can even join a gym to be mentally and physically fit for June 7 and enjoy your family … that’s pretty neat. Good luck, you’ll be just fine. clama

I don’t even want to hear your Book 6 scores this year plyon… you were killing me last year.

A good old Nelson, “haha” would certainly seem appropriate, but sadly Chad took away the ability to post pictures. I hear Wendy’s is looking to hire due to the unexpected success of the Baconator, just a thought. Find yourself a registered investment advisory firm…the good ones usually grow their AUM under these conditions and the average profile of a RIA firm has most of the owners over 60 with no succession plans. Good money, great flexibilty and quality of life.

sorry to hear that plyon… Sometimes life just seems unfair when people who do no work but lick the boss’s @ss sit there, n others are just told goodbye. there sure is something better in store for you, All the best.

Thanks for the confidence, guys. Tough week, but we close on this house with a new lawyer and a new loan all arranged in 5 days. All I can say to the rest of you is, keep your credit scores around 800 and these things can happen. Re-starting my studying today (was scrambling all week, plus took last night off to celebrate with some champagne with my wife – could be the last good bubbly I get a taste of for a while!). Very hard to kick back into things. Starting Monday I’m going to have to report to the local library (a fine institution, by the way) first thing 9AM. Should be able to do that just about daily for the net 70 days. Four serious hours a day should be sufficient from here.