Google Put Trade

buying goog for 300 is a good long term investment, arguably

Goog is at 348.74. Will the stock drop 14% before November? I guess we’ll see.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Goog is at 348.74. Will the stock drop 14% before > November? I guess we’ll see. 356 now. Also, Halloween Friday next week is basically a holiday, with traders taking off or even leaving early in the afternoon. Once next week is over, decay is going to start kicking in. By the way, I also sold a GS 85 put for 2.11 today.

lol…IronMan is going to be paying tuition one of those days.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol…IronMan is going to be paying tuition one of > those days. no guts, no glory

Uh, there’s no glory in selling a way OTM put anyway.

400!!$! Have fun owing someone $5000 by month end.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 400!!$! > > Have fun owing someone $5000 by month end. I wouldn’t mind owning GOOG at 250.

Let me help you with this. If you sell a 300 put, it gets exercised with Goog @250, you don’t own Goog at 250, you own it at $300 when you could just go buy it for $250.

hehe. so you’d be willing to lose $5000 to have the ability to buy GOOG at 250. It sounds like you were looking for a Nov 250 call…

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hehe. so you’d be willing to lose $5000 to have > the ability to buy GOOG at 250. > > It sounds like you were looking for a Nov 250 > call… I’m not willing to lose anything. You were giving me the worst case scenario if I were to owe someone 5000. And I’m telling you that if that unlikely scenario came true, I’d be okay with owning GOOG long term for 300. It will get back up there in no time.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Let me help you with this. If you sell a 300 put, > it gets exercised with Goog @250, you don’t own > Goog at 250, you own it at $300 when you could > just go buy it for $250. Yes I meant owning it at 250, already taking into account the 5,000 loss. And if we’re going to be picky, I technically wouldn’t lose 5,000 till GOOG hit 245.9. Graph it.

when did the General forum turn into Level 1 forum ?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > when did the General forum turn into Level 1 > forum ? lol. it appears to have transformed.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just sold a 300 Nov Put for 4.10. Thanks Chumps! These are selling for about 10 now. Those chumps who bought yesterday at 4 are selling today at 10. Let’s see, that’s making 150% in a day. So that means that in a year, these chumps are making, based on a 250 day year, hmmm, lets see about 10^101 %. I need such chumps around me…

Starting this thread was just asking for trouble. :slight_smile:

Getting house calls now for more money. I think I might get f&*#@ on this trade.

See earlier post: “lol…IronMan is going to be paying tuition one of those days.”

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See earlier post: > > “lol…IronMan is going to be paying tuition one > of those days.” Are you taking joy in someone else losing money? That’s great Joey. You must feel strong as bull.

Presented without comment: IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just sold a 300 Nov Put for 4.10. Thanks Chumps! IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you taking joy in someone else losing money? > That’s great Joey. You must feel strong as bull.