Got loaded & steal a car!

Bloomberg straight-up admitted to doing this. He said they had very limited resources and he made the decision to deploy them in areas with the highest crime rates. Unsurprisingly, that’s black neighborhoods. And, in NYC, the cops do have the right to stop and frisk anyone for any reason…so there’s that.

It’s also been a pretty damn successful campaign.

Courts struck down his stop & frisk, crime has been trending down for so many years its hard to call any one policy like that the reason. I dont personally have a problem with deploying more resources to more crime ridden areas, I do have a problem with the way the policing is handled in those areas many times.

In Midland, police officers are required (as in, it’s not optional) to carry their handguns with them at all times–even when not on duty. I do not know how that’s legal, but alrightythen.

(I know this because a cop shot and killed somebody while he was off duty a couple of years ago. The guy was robbing the restaurant at gunpoint, and the cop happened to be eating there off-duty at the time.)

Feel like those are 2 complete extremes that seem a bit much. Not allow them? Force them? Why not give them the option and let them do what they feel comfortable doing. Feel like a cop may not want to carry his weapon when he takes his kid to Chucky Cheese (is that still a thing)

In Texas, I think you are required to carry a gun even if you are not in the police.

Anyway, it’s weird that they can have this policy. Isn’t this like forcing people to work over time?

One of my neighbors is an FBI agent. Although he isn’t required to carry at all times, he generally does because he doesn’t want to be in a situation where an innocent person dies because he wasn’t armed.