Got my lvl III material today

Holy cow, CFAI ships them out like a rat on drugs. All portfolio management + Ethics. Will have fun with this material comes January.

I’ll telling you they have these packed and loaded on the truck, just waiting for your click of button… anyway, how many books are there and how many pages on avg? level 2 cfai text were slightly thinner than level 1…

Just got the books too. They are so beautiful. And the set of postcards instantly became classic. Seems like everyone on the floor wants one.

liaaba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll telling you they have these packed and loaded > on the truck, just waiting for your click of > button… > > anyway, how many books are there and how many > pages on avg? level 2 cfai text were slightly > thinner than level 1… 6 books. 1 for Ethics and 5 on PM. On average, about 360+ pages.

not bad. looking forward to.

What do you guys do with the post cards? :slight_smile: I think CFA wasted money on them.

Are the postcards better this year? Or pretty much the same deal?

In my opinion the postcards are the same deal as before. The material seems dense, it is definitely no walk in the park.

Im a retaker - for the average reader (not a speed reader) these readings are a looooooong read (some are longer than others as you read through a page and try to understand the multiple versions of the same formula and all the friggen subscripts) I kept setting a schedule of reading ‘X’ number of pages a day and I would ALWAYS be WAY behind plan. The thing is that the exam could come from any random part of the text so you do your best to try and memorize as much of the 2400 pages. What you THINK is important MAY not be on the test and then some things really obscure end up on several parts of the exam. Some readings are really interesting and move pretty quick and others are tedious! (Borderline insane!) Don’t underestimate starting early (as soon as you get them - and lay out a plan and take it all in at a nice steady pace (take some notes as you go). You want to hit March/April/May and be fully reviewing and taking practice test after practice test + ALL the examples in the readings (+ any study seminars/supplementals that you buy). Just my 2 cents…

hey , i registered on aug 21 and still my UPS tracking no is not there… why r they taking so long to dispatch the material??? lucky u guys who got it within a day or two…

Not that I care because I’m not planning on starting up again for a while (plus I’m just going to use my last year books for the most part), but I registered the afternoon the results came out and I’m not scheduled to get my books till Sept. 2nd. It’s discrimination I tell ya.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not that I care because I’m not planning on > starting up again for a while (plus I’m just going > to use my last year books for the most part), but > I registered the afternoon the results came out > and I’m not scheduled to get my books till Sept. > 2nd. > It’s discrimination I tell ya. Discrimination it is. They probably checked up on my lvl II passing results and saw that I passed by the skin on my teeth and told themselves that I’d need to get the material now to crack a nut!

I ordered the books the 22nd (friday) and got them the 25th (monday). I think it was very fast, coz I live in Denmark!!

I ordered the books on friday, 22nd, and I got them today, 26th - I live in Romania! … The books arrived yesterday, but the guys from the customs office were too lazy to calculate the VAT I have to pay …

The books look pretty =)

I ordered my books on 8/19 and the books arrived yesterday. Unfortunately they sent me the Level I books as opposed to Level III, hopefully they aren’t trying to tell me something. I hope they don’t wait to receive their Level I books back before shipping me the Level III books, that would be very disappointing.

Have you talked to them yet. They might just tell you to keep the Level I books and send you the Level III set. I went through a somewhat similar situation back before they started making their own materials where my original shipment got lost so they sent me another set. A few days after the second set arrived, the first one arrived. I called them and they told me to keep them, so I had two set of Level I books that year. I wish I had known about this board back then because I could have sold them and made some extra cash. I don’t get how the guys in Europe are getting their books so quickly, and I’m just up here in Canada and my shipment is still almost a week away.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you talked to them yet. > They might just tell you to keep the Level I books > and send you the Level III set. > I went through a somewhat similar situation back > before they started making their own materials > where my original shipment got lost so they sent > me another set. A few days after the second set > arrived, the first one arrived. I called them and > they told me to keep them, so I had two set of > Level I books that year. > I wish I had known about this board back then > because I could have sold them and made some extra > cash. > > I don’t get how the guys in Europe are getting > their books so quickly, and I’m just up here in > Canada and my shipment is still almost a week > away. I sent them a message within 90 seconds of opening the box last night. I have yet to get a response.

is there anything in level 3 that you need to go over like 20 times, like FSA in level 2 (specifically thinking pension, translation and to lesser extent compensation… compensation was so detailed with admin rules that it was basically pointless)

Crap, they weren’t kidding… Volume 1: Ethics Volume 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6: Port Mgmt