guy put Who's who's on his resume...

ah geez. I may tell my boss not to even call this one. under activities he put “Who’s Who Among American High School Students”

don’t be a playa hater

ha haaa…your standard of a playa may be a bit different than mine nephew

How old is this guy? If he’s young, it’s not such a big deal. If he’s like 30, that would be kind of weird.

If this is entry level, some firms do care about High School honors. I remember that DE Shaw cared a lot about your performance in Math Olympiads and similar competitions at the high school level.

I used to play in 24 Game competitions in junior high, maybe I should put that on my resume…

It made the guy stand out, so in that sense may not be a bad idea in this environment where dozens of people are chasing one opening.

Actually high school accolades are highly sought after, especially at firms like shaw. However, out of curiosity, I looked up this “Who’s who” business and see that it’s the high school equivalent of an U of P masters.

accolades…yes Who’s Who of High School Students…NO do people on this forum think you actually have to do something to get into Whos Who??? my friend with a 1.6 GPA out of 4.0 paid $20 and got in.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > accolades…yes > > Who’s Who of High School Students…NO > > > do people on this forum think you actually have to > do something to get into Whos Who??? my friend > with a 1.6 GPA out of 4.0 paid $20 and got in. Reminds me of this guy I knew in high school who came back after first year of college and said he was not going back due to academic ineligibility. I asked him what his GPA was he said, “Three, four.” I said, “You are academically ineligible with a three four GPA?” He said, “POINT three four.” Oh…

on a related note, at what point should valedictorian of high school be removed?

^ probably as soon as you start college…

programmer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > on a related note, at what point should > valedictorian of high school be removed? after you get your first job.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > programmer Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > on a related note, at what point should > > valedictorian of high school be removed? > > after you get your first job. +1

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > builders Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > programmer Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > on a related note, at what point should > > > valedictorian of high school be removed? > > > > after you get your first job. > > > +1 Agreed, shows history of achievement. I’d be tempted to leave it on for the first 2-3 jobs even as small bullet point under whatever miscellaneous section you have at the bottom. Also, I’m not sure there even is a who’s who of high school. I googled it because i didnt know what who’s who was, and the webpage said there’s no high school organization.

What about National Merit Scholar/ Finalist, leave on or pull after first job?

What about having over 5k posts on anonymous message board?

How about Level 80 character in WoW with Epic Mount?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about Level 80 character in WoW with Epic > Mount? Can i put 'farming items and selling them on ebay as enterprenural activity on my resume?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What about having over 5k posts on anonymous > message board? That makes it to your tombstone.